The untrappable cats

darla s

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have spent many hours trying to trap one female and 2 males. The female has kittens that were born March 3rd.They were all sick but are getting better. After spending lots of money at the vets.
I can't have any more kittens. What can I do differently to catch the cats? They are in a cat fence, so they can't be harmed or get pregnant from outside cats.

I have several other cats in the fence so they get in the trap and then I have to let them out and start over. This process goes on without catching the ones I need. They are the main ones that really don't like me much.

In this area it is hard to give cats to a good home. I have had over 30 cats spayed and neutered. Some I have gave away after taming.

Any ideas on catching these cats? This is the last of my ferals to stop the kitten cycle.

linda_of_pgff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could try using a drop trap; you could borrow several traps and sequester the "trap friendly" cats in them so they don't keep tripping your baited trap. Tell us more -- have you not EVER seen one of these three cats go into a trap? Have you tried making sure the ONLY food accessible to them is in traps?

Best,
Linda