The ugliest ornament ever...

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
"Nothing says Merry Christmas like a guy with a shotgun. Nothing at all."[/quote]

Hey, it works in OUR house! When I say we have a "blast" at Christmas, I mean it literally!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My dear mother gave us a Statue of Liberty ornament since we live in New York State. Her flame is lighted, she is rather large, but worse.....she plays the Star Spangle Banner every time the tree lights are turned on. It's loud enough that whoever is still in bed when the tree is turned on is compelled to jump out of bed and put their hand over their heart. We have made fun of this so much over the years and now it's become a tradition.
Luckily she doesn't day Hi-de-ho!

Edit: I used to put all the "ugly" ornaments to the back of the tree. We got a revolving stand this year, so now my strategy is to put them inside the tree as far as they will go.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were really bad one year. One of DH's aunts gets picked on all the time by her nephews. So when making Christmas cookies (cut out) we (DH, his brother, and I) had some left over dough and made a special cookie of a certain male part of the body!

It mysteriously got hung on their aunt's Christmas tree - we even colored it to look more real!