The U.S. Surgeon General Loves My Puppy!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sandy puppy was a very good girl today!
Eric went into the hardware store and when he came back to the truck, Sandy had gotten into his pack of cigarettes and shredded every single one!

Here she is with her Nemo. Sandy good!

brianlojeck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if that's such a good thing. She was most likely EATING the tobacco, which isn't exactly healthy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought of that too. I asked Eric and he checked her gums and mouth and said not much was there, it was all over the seats and the floor....a large amount.... and he's smoked for so long he could tell not that much made it into her. He called the vet -
she's doing great, but yes, we thought of that too.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Sandy! What a silly puppy! Hope she really didn't eat the stuff. BTW that's ever such a cute pic!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Sandy's watching out for Eric's health!
GOOD DOGGY!!! E, she's precious
Amy, I am so jealous, I mean really! She's done what I've not been able to do. I asked Eric why he didn't get mad at her, and he said, "how can you get mad at something so adorable??" I reminded him he didn't think I was that adorable!
But he did reprimand her, although after the fact it makes no sense to her at all.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smart girl Sandy!! Elizabeth, she's just so precious! I love seeing pics of her, she's become just like "one of the kits" to all of us!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Kelly!! We have more than one namesake on TCS~~
Eric is on his way to the vet just to make sure. She is not showing ANY signs of toxicity, but I just read that it can stay in the puppy's system for up to 16 hrs.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know E, when I was younger my Mom smoked and I had dogs/puppies that got hold of her cigs and none of them even got sick. I know you guys want to be sure but if it makes you feel any better, I think she'll be ok based on my experience with dogs vs. cigs.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Amy, I am so jealous, I mean really! She's done what I've not been able to do. I asked Eric why he didn't get mad at her, and he said, "how can you get mad at something so adorable??" I reminded him he didn't think I was that adorable!
But he did reprimand her, although after the fact it makes no sense to her at all.
LOLOL!
You're so right though- he should find his wife adorable above all else (including pups!). If he's going to quit for ANYONE-furry or not- it should be for YOU!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Puppies get into EVERYTHING! Little devil!
I imagine if she had swallowed a substantial quantity of the stuff, I'm sure she would have shown signs of toxicity at this point. I wouldn't worry too much, Eddie.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

You know E, when I was younger my Mom smoked and I had dogs/puppies that got hold of her cigs and none of them even got sick. I know you guys want to be sure but if it makes you feel any better, I think she'll be ok based on my experience with dogs vs. cigs.
oh! Thank you so much Kelly. You know, you really should work in a hospice or something. Every time I worry about something you just make it all so much better.
This has been a great excuse for Eric to drive like a dragster to the vet. I mean really - tobacco, speed - what's next? I think mom needs the valium from the vet! Where are my smellin' salts???

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But let him worry and pay the vet bill. Maybe he will be less likely to buy a new pack.

(Coming from the perspective of someone married to a smoker. It is a very hard habit to quit!)

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Puppies get into EVERYTHING! Little devil!
I imagine if she had swallowed a substantial quantity of the stuff, I'm sure she would have shown signs of toxicity at this point. I wouldn't worry too much, Eddie.
She's doing great so far... I keep calling him on his cell. She's eating cookies to stimulate drinking water and she's alert, and they're singing to each other. And here I was bragging to the world how Sandy was so smart.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

oh! Thank you so much Kelly. You know, you really should work in a hospice or something. Every time I worry about something you just make it all so much better.
This has been a great excuse for Eric to drive like a dragster to the vet. I mean really - tobacco, speed - what's next? I think mom needs the valium from the vet! Where are my smellin' salts???
Oh you're so sweet! The only job I've ever had where I made people feel better was when I was bartending!
I'm currently reviewing my career choices, though. I really do want a job where I can make people feel better instead of taking their money away like I did with my sales jobs in the past.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

That's funny E.........glad she didn't get sick though!
It really is. She's going home now with Eric and she doesn't need to see the vet although the vet is on notice with us for the rest of the evening. Sounds like something Petals would do!!!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As if you two had a boring life, what would you do without Sandy?? She is a lovely little character