The tragedy that brought me here

winniemach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone,

My name is Winnie, from Australia, I'm a first time cat/pet owner and I have one precious baby, called 9. This is our story:

He's a 4 year old domestic short hair, white with black patches. Named 9 by my sister because his black patches would look like a number 9 on his back. First encountered him and his sister when they was only a couple months old and they belonged to my neighbours but when they moved, they abandoned them. Dad didn't really like animals then so sending to the pound was one of the options we had to consider. But they were so cute and kept following us around, eventually we adopted him and my uncle adopted his sister.

He eventually settled in and we all love him dearly, he is our family, he even sleeps on our beds with us and my sister and I always fight over who's bed he stays in for the night.

Unfortunately, 2 days ago, he was run over by my car on the drive and will have to amputate his tail and will probably be bowel inconvenient and suffer from urine retention. Hence why I decided to join TCS. I'm crying and I'm all messed up at the moment and I've posted a thread in Cat Health and hope for replies and advice(I might be breaking thw rules here). It's a lot of writing but I want as much detail as possible.

Lastly, nice to meet everyone here, hope I'll get to know a lot more about cats and I can only wish for a happy ending to our story.
And this is my baby now, in hospital.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Winnie, and welcome to you and 9, though I am sorry to hear about the circumstances.

I read your thread in Cat Health and honestly had no idea what to say - I haven't dealt like anything like it, and I understand how hard a decision this is. It sounds like you and your family are willing to pull together and make it work for 9 though. Hopefully others will have more input on dealing with bladder retention and fecal incontinence (I believe there are some members who have or have had cats with Manx syndrome to some degree) and be able to help soon. Sending good vibes for little 9.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

winniemach

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the support and I understand that it's hard to find people who've experienced this before, I guess it's not common. I'll look up marx syndrome thanks for that and thank you so much for your mental support.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
@WinnieMach I'm so sorry your boy and you are going through this.  I don't have anything to suggest.. just really hoping that there's an answer.  I'm in Brisbane - are you in this area by any chance?

glencatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry about that accident. He's a cute little guy. I hope and pray that everything will work out for him.