The Three Meowsketeers

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitty gang has always been called the RugCats. It's been like that for the last 18 years or so, ever since Whisper came into the house. She wouldn't jump up on any furniture and was always content to lie on a rug in front of the kitchen door.

Well, they're still known as the RugCats. But now there's another group: Mollipop, Tabby and Muffin are now The Three Meowsketeers.

The other night we were having dinner and the three of them were all on the kitchen table with us. Tabby had Pinkie, her pink mousie, on the table, too, and she was batting that around....it's gotten quite interesting at dinner time around here lately. Muffin thinks nothing of cleaning her private parts while we're eating. And Mollipop sits next to me, hoping for a handout.....she never gets one, but she always has her hopes up for a bite. (And as god is my witness, I never, EVER thought I'd be eating dinner with three cats on the table! Banshee, the Queen B, would be appalled if she knew! She was never allowed on the table.)

Muffin started to meow, which started the other two talking to us. Rick said something about the three of them being thick as thieves. Then he called them Meowsketeers and the name is sticking. So now we have The Three Meowsketeers. And, of course, I think the name is adorable.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's very cute but on the table Pam???  I'm as shocked as Banshee would be tsk tsk.  Russell, my SO has three cats named after Donald Duck's nephews, Huey, Duey and Louie.  I guess he could call them the Duck Cats but he never called them anything but their names.  Huey and Louie are male and Duey is a female.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think that's very cute but on the table Pam???  I'm as shocked as Banshee would be tsk tsk.  Russell, my SO has three cats named after Donald Duck's nephews, Huey, Duey and Louie.  I guess he could call them the Duck Cats but he never called them anything but their names.  Huey and Louie are male and Duey is a female.

I know. I know. Whoda thunk it? But well, we're outnumbered at this point. As fast as I would get one cat off the table, two more would jump on it. When Tabby was a kitten, she'd jump on the table during dinner.....I'd take her off the table and put on her the cat tree in the living room. And she'd beat me back to the table! Banshee would have a fit; I know she would.

We still have Mollipop's pink blanket on the table and, most of the time, if we say "Blankie!" Tabby and Muffin will sit on the blanket together. But Mollipop still won't have much to do with Muffin, so she sits over next to me. And I don't have the heart to make her move.

We've created monsters. (Since we installed the big sink in the kitchen, that's become Muffin's favorite place to nap in now. I give up. But when I die, I want to come back as one of my cats.)

I remember you had mentioned about Huey, Duey, and Louie.....I thought that was cute.

Last edited:

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep Pam, cats do eventually control our lives.  So far I've kept Autumn off the counters and kitchen table altho goodness knows where she goes while I'm asleep