The Things-That-Are-Going-Well-Thread!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started a new job at a day spa. It is so cool, very retro. The chairs for the clients are naugahyde and chrome, and a lot of the fixtures came out of a salon from the 50s. We have a jukebox with old music on it, and Elvis is EVERYWHERE! It is filled with really fun antique salon stuff, signs, and a big old fashioned gold fancy cash register. All the modern computerized stuff is kind of hidden under the front desk. It has such personality and great energy. It is a fun place, and so far everyone has been very nice. There are a few small down sides, such as a very small massage room, and some very immature girls, but I am choosing not to dwell on that, or join any of the little cliques. I made 2 new kitty friends in the back of the parking lot. I have not been very busy yet, but I just got there. My first client made another appointment, and one for his wife. The boss is a very nice, no nonsense type of woman that always lets you know where you stand. I think I learned some important lessons at my last job, so I am approaching this one with a whole new attitude. I think I am going to like it there.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today, I put down an earnest money payment on a brand-new 3-bedroom, 2-bath manufactured home, with an acre of land. As long as my mortgage goes through, I'll soon have my very first, all-on-my-own home

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Today, I put down an earnest money payment on a brand-new 3-bedroom, 2-bath manufactured home, with an acre of land. As long as my mortgage goes through, I'll soon have my very first, all-on-my-own home
Congratulations Cindy!