The Terror of the Ghost Cat...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I had a visit from a ghost cat a couple of weeks ago. Was sitting in the living room where we have quite a few cat toys, including one of those round things with the scratching pad in the center and a ball that rolls around in a "moat" (for lack of a better word). No one had played with it in at least an hour, when all of a sudden the ball started rolling. Katie was on my lap at the time, and she was mesmerized by it. For some reason, I said, "Tucker?" and the ball stopped. (Tucker was the first cat we got after we got married; he's been gone for 22 years, but he was my baby boy and I still miss him)

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Could another cat have gotten in somehow? Years ago, we would find a black cat sleeping up in our spare bedroom, and our then dog (a Boxer) and cat never said boo. We didn't have screens in the windows, and the cat would come in and make himself at home. We eventually found out where the cat lived, and that he'd lost his companion, a Boxer, which explained the attraction.

Our last cat had a cat flap, and often had six or seven cats along for breakfast. That used to be quite a sight.
Well, there's definately no cat flap, but I assume the cat must have got in somehow.

Oh, possibly, Oscar (who is an indoor/outdoor kitty - typical in Ireland) found it and brought it home? He does like the loft, I believe it's sort of his 'lair'.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Yep, she was

first cat i ever had.
still miss her 20 years later.
<3

I guess she misses you too.

It's nice that she gets along well with Easy and Heyu.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few years back I had a visit from a ghost cat. I saw it go around the corner in the kitchen to the washer area. At the time we didn't have any cats and no others had gotten in. Was pretty creepy.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow.. all your Stories are interesting!!

We had a Ghost Cat for a while after our beauty ((#1... every Black Female Cat we got after her, mostly Fosters, we named Beauty.. Jack is actually our first Male Black Cat since King)) past away. She was all Black, Silky Fur and Loved to sleep on the Counters.. oh and she was Psycho.
So after she had Past away we would find Black Hairs all over the Counter... but the only other Cat we had was a Light Grey and White Tabby who never got on the Counters. The "Black Fur" appeared all the way up until we Moved out of that house.. about a Yr later.