The temperature dropped 85 degrees here today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

But I'm not gonna complain too much. I really feel sorry for those poor peeps in New England who got all that ice, and are still w/o power.
I'd rather deal with no power after a hurricane like we did after Ike blew through. At least it wasn't freezing cold like it is up north...
We had an ice storm here once and lost power for about 5 days. The only thing redeeming about it was that we went outside with a huge stew pot, filled it up with ice and stuck it in our fridge so the food wouldn't spoil. We cooked meals on our cast iron firebox, keep the fireplace raging hot, and snuggled a lot with the cats. And we didn't shower for 5 days (yuck).

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I don't want to get into a big argument, as this isn't what the thread was about, but they had "scientific data" for the hole in the ozone layer also.
This topic always gets heated up (so to speak). I suggest to take it to IMO.

pookieboy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm probably gonna get flammed for this but..................why don't people actually say where they're from instead of those suppossedly clever little ummmmm, what WOULD you call those things like...........'my back yard' or such!

Sorry, but it really bugs me.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by PookieBoy

I'm probably gonna get flammed for this but..................why don't people actually say where they're from instead of those suppossedly clever little ummmmm, what WOULD you call those things like...........'my back yard' or such!

Sorry, but it really bugs me.
If you are talking about our locations, there is a Secret Santa activity going on and people do not want to give away their actual locations right now. You'll see a lot more actual locations after Christmas is over. I've been making toys for people, therefore I'm in the Secret Santa Workshop right now.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Holy cow that's crazy!!

May the warmth be with you!