The TCS Member Party in Dallas - PLEASE READ!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Here is the tally so far: eleven (11).

MomOfMany - Amy
SandTigress - Pam
Persi - Lee
Sheri - Alley
CarWashCats - Monique
Laureen227 - Laureen
New cat on the block - Christie & SO
New cat on the block - Joy
CarolPetunia - Carol
Mrblanche - Mike

If any of you have found that your plans can be changed to attend this event, put that info right here or PM me. And we still have a whole private floor if you would care to stay overnight and be served breakfast the following morning.
Originally, I was going to present DW with an Ocicat that evening but that did not pan out. However, we are going to do something I bet nobody else has ever done at a get together and that is we are going to have a signing up ceremony for the two New cats on the block listed above. Won't that be fun to sign them up on the spot and help them with their usernames and first post? All in keeping with the TCS spirit! What a welcome to TCS they will be receiving. I mean I try to welcome all new members to TCS but this will be the epitome. Maybe we should tell them we do this for all new members...

ONE WEEK AND COUNTING...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Well, right now my schedule is in great shape for making it on time. Dottie won't be able to come, unless she comes very late. This is her month to work weekends, watching new drivers go back and forth a couple hundred feet all day.
Dottie is very welcome to come as late as she would like!!
There will be lots of food left over and I am sure people will be playing cat games and talking about their cats later than you think.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Five more days! We now have an even dozen cat lovers that will be assembling for the KatKlik. I have sent detailed instructions and included my phone numbers by PM to all those I know that are coming. If you have not received this information, let me know right away, here on this thread. Don't forget to bring pictures of your cats! What ever media you have, I have the equipment to show your cats in their best light. Bring a flash drive, a USB stick, a CD, a DVD, even video tape. My large plasma TV has inputs for almost any device. We want to learn about you and your cats at this meeting.

I have already given the times at the top of this thread. Nothing has changed.

See you there! (I reserve the right to post one more reminder before the big event!)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

And not just any breakfast, a Persian breakfast!
I'm sorry, but I have this mental image of Persi dishing out kibble.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally, I was going to present DW with an Ocicat that evening but that did not pan out. However, we are going to do something I bet nobody else has ever done at a get together and that is we are going to have a signing up ceremony for the two New cats on the block listed above. Won't that be fun to sign them up on the spot and help them with their usernames and first post? All in keeping with the TCS spirit! What a welcome to TCS they will be receiving. I mean I try to welcome all new members to TCS but this will be the epitome. Maybe we should tell them we do this for all new members...

ONE WEEK AND COUNTING...
Oh, that is SO sweet!! We definitely want pictures of the sign up ceremony so we can all welcome them! Dang, I wish I lived closer to Texas because I would love to be there! Guess I just have to organize my own here in WVa/MD/Va/PA area, lord help me!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This sounds like the epitome of get-togethers! I, like Susan, am green with envy. Lee, you and your wife are very gracious to open your home like this to fellow cat-lovers and especially offering accommodation as well. I will wish the very best for the most successful meet-up ever.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

This sounds like the epitome of get-togethers! I, like Susan, am green with envy. Lee, you and your wife are very gracious to open your home like this to fellow cat-lovers and especially offering accommodation as well. I will wish the very best for the most successful meet-up ever.
Me, three!! This promises to be the meet to end all meets.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the rules for KatKontest, which the kats thought up.

Everybody has a postit placed on their forehead with the name of a famous cat in history, fictional, cartoon, or otherwise. For instance, the X rated cat Fritz. Nobody knows who they are but everybody else does. The game begins with one of the members asking a question that can only be answered yes or no. The other members decide whether yes or no is the correct answer. Then the member to the left asks a question, and round and round it goes until the first member to guess who she/he is is the winner. But the game continues until everybody guesses who they are until there are only two players left, trying not to be the last. This is a great parlor game and have a glass of wine or two (provided) before you play and you will be in for a lot of fun!

OK, the rest of you, bring your ideas for cat games and anything and everything you can think of regarding cats, cats, cats. Dress up as a cat if you wish, let's make this the greatest of all cat get togethers!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...Lee, you and your wife are very gracious to open your home like this to fellow cat-lovers and especially offering accommodation as well...
Aren't they though? Gracious... and BRAVE!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd sure like to come, but I don't think you'll be able to come up with any way to get me there. Of course if anyone wants to come out and spend a little time in Hollywood, and take me to Texas with them, I'd love to go.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I'd sure like to come, but I don't think you'll be able to come up with any way to get me there. Of course if anyone wants to come out and spend a little time in Hollywood, and take me to Texas with them, I'd love to go.
Our daughter lives and works in Hollywood (film director). And of course she has cats. If I can get her to join TCS perhaps the two of you could meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee. This would be a mini, mini, get together!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Our daughter lives and works in Hollywood (film director). And of course she has cats. If I can get her to join TCS perhaps the two of you could meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee. This would be a mini, mini, get together!
That would be very cool. There are a few TCSer's in Southern California, but very few here in the Los Angeles area. I'm in the West Hollywood area, so it would be cool to meet your daughter. I really would love to meet some TCS people, although your get together in Texas sounds like it will be awesome!

Oh.......and I LOVE Starbucks.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree!
Bless your hearts - both of you!

It sounds like it's gonna be sooooo much fun!
I'm so bummed out that we can't make it..
Hopefully, there will be a "next time", and we'll be able to come to that one!

Again, I hope y'all have a wonderful time, and don't forget the pix!

Tiff

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Dress up as a cat if you wish, let's make this the greatest of all cat get togethers!
i dressed as a cat for a show this summer... but i'm coming to this as myself!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I plan on making a movie of this event and placing it on YouTube for our other members to see what they are missing.
Even better!
Two more sleeps and the fun begins for you all
Have i got time to book a flight