The sweetest thing

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What's the sweetest thing your kitty has done to/for you?

Mojo has become my little nurse. She takes care of me whenever I'm not doing well. This week has been one of those times.

Usually when Mojo decides she wants Meowmy awake so she can nuzzle (knead on either side of my neck, while she goes into kitty-bliss and either looks at me at arm's length or presses as hard as she can into my neck and licks occasionally), she's quite insistent. She squeaks at me (she doesn't meow). If I'm laying on the wrong side, she will pull my hair to wake me up so I will roll over.
Really persistent.

Friday afternoon I was really not doing well and was laying down and sleeping. She came on the bed and I kinda woke up - just enough to know what was going on and know to not move so she wouldn't know I was awake.
She came up to me and instead of doing her usual shenanigans she put the top her head up against my forehead - I could feel her ear on my eye - and just laid there like that for a while.
I don't know if she was trying a kitty-mind-meld to wake me up or just trying to make me feel better. Then after a while, she stood up, turned around and curled up on Daddy's pillow next to my head and went to sleep.

cats ma!

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How sweet your very own Nurse...mine seem to know when im not well and will lay as close as possible and sleep with me.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats always seem to know when I am ill or upset and they come and comfort me.x

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to sleep? I have a house full, so any activity that is peaceful, doesn't break anything, and doesn't make a mess is sweet to me.

I don't have any cat nurses. It doesn't matter if I feel ill, they expect me up to feed them. They'll snuggle on me if I'm laying down, but they always do that.

dandi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

She came up to me and instead of doing her usual shenanigans she put the top her head up against my forehead - I could feel her ear on my eye - and just laid there like that for a while.
I don't know if she was trying a kitty-mind-meld to wake me up or just trying to make me feel better. Then after a while, she stood up, turned around and curled up on Daddy's pillow next to my head and went to sleep.
Awww...What a sweet girl!

If I am really upset and crying, Buster will come to me and rub noses with me and pat my cheek with his paw. Melts my heart!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my current crew are spoiled, self absorbed little creatures that allow me to care for them. Pepper is the cuddliest, and will cuddle with me when she wants her little head rubbed. That is about as sweet as it gets around here.
My dear little RB kitty Fred once stayed awake for 18 hours, sitting on my pillow watching over me when I was recovering from a kidney stone. I rolled over after all that time, and petted him, and he crawled in with me and went to sleep. DH said he never moved or closed his eyes the whole time. No food, litter box, just sat on my pillow and stroked my hair once in awhile.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Heidi too cute

Trout doesn't do anything on purpose that's cute like that, but she has her moments

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw Heidi, that is too sweet.

Flowerbelle is the closest we have - and it's for Daddy. Billy is cuddly with me all the time. But whenever Gary's not doing well (which is frequently), Flowerbelle sticks to him like glue. She insists on curling up in his knees.... which of course, he doesn't want to disturb her, so he'll lie there awake and uncomfortable! The funny thing is she'll just readjust herself if he moves around - he's just nuts.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Spencer accidentally escaped through an open window over this past 4th of July weekend, it was horrible and traumatic for both of us. He was loose for a few days and though he clearly wanted to come to me, his feral nature simply wouldn't allow it.

I left the doors to the apartment building and front hallway open and after a few days, he finally came in and stayed the night in my laundry room, where I found him the next morning.

Spencer always sleeps in the curve of my arm on my pillow, with his face nose to nose with mine. But that night he tried to crawl under my arm and chest and face. His little forehead was pressed against my chin, with his whiskers and breath tickling my throat and his ears flicking my lips, his legs and part of his body under my chest and arm.

He was so, soooo clearly happy to be with me again it just made me cry. "Course, I did it very softly, so as not to disturb him.

darkimager

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Callie is very protective! Especailly from the lizards
and other cats. My Base house is 50 yrds from the back porch of the clinic I work at and every time I have call/duty (overnight at the clinic) and I walk from my house back to work from dinner (it's dark outside by this time) she follows me and then camps in front of the duty room door. My little guard kitty!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Xander is definitely a daddy's boy and does sweet things for him all the time.

The sweetest thing Riley has done lately... umm... well when he sat down next to me last night and I reached out to pet him... he let go of my hand before it started bleeding too much, does that count?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

........She came up to me and instead of doing her usual shenanigans she put the top her head up against my forehead - I could feel her ear on my eye - and just laid there like that for a while.
I don't know if she was trying a kitty-mind-meld to wake me up or just trying to make me feel better. .
I think she was checking to see if you had a fever!

Larry's so sweet when I go to bed. He snacks a little on his food, then I feel him jump on the bed, and he'll come up and lay down with his head on the pillow, facing me, and stretches out one paw so it's touching my arm. It's just the sweetest thing!

cassielainie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i get really aweful pms cramps.. i mean they're bad.. but i'm a firm believer in holistic medicine and i don't take any over the counter pain meds.. usually i rely on a combination of herbal teas and home remedies.. but whenever i have my cramps, i'll lay on the bed and just try to think of anything else.
Hobbes will come and lay on my lower abdomin and purr really loudly..
it actually helps..
someone told me that a cat's purr is exactly the right decibal to promote healing.. i've never done any research on it or anything.. but based on personal experience.. i believe it...
and it's really sweet that my little Hobbes wants to make me feel better!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It is lovely the way they can help nurse us back to help. My cats purr always brings me a sense of peace and I think that is a great healing property.