The Stupid Vets Office Doesn't Even Have a Clue! They told me to jsut feed Purina!

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i agree with you. I got the same reply only after making a number of phone calls. I cant stand corperations, they spend more money on advertising than research, they dont care about our little kids. there more concerned with there bottom line. they tell us lies, and i have recived more coupons for friskeys (McDonalds) if you will, then ever before. what really bugs me is that the CEO of menu foods sold a fair precentage of his stock before the s#%* hit the fan. where is the justice in that, people get rich and keep there profit while some people become heartbroken spending the few dollars they work so hard for to save there little best friends life. anyway we swiched our diet to merick a smaller business. where quality control seems to be #1 (I hope)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladybass0711

I will agree to disagree here. I understand your concern, but blowing it this far out of proportion is a little ridiculous in my opinion. Purnina is one of the SAFEST foods out there. Don't get me wrong I would be concerned about my animals too, but not with Purina since they make there own foods at a COMPLETLY different plant then menu foods. And the only recalled product is ALPO. So I think this is being completly blown out of proportion!
I will have to disagree with you on that note. It has certainly not been blown out of the water. Purina can not be considered one of the safest foods out there right now- please read up a bit before you defend purina(i say that kindly). The ingredients are not good quality, they are mingled up in the recalls, and it certainly affectes more than one plant. i'm sure you love your animals as much as the rest of us, and take good care of them- that's is why i would encourage you kindly to read the ingredients in the purina you're using- research, and then come to a conclusion about what you feed them. There are many better options out there.

Originally Posted by sharky

THE RECENT recall NOW encompasses far more than ONE MENU plant ... Oh and read Purinas cans they no longer SAY WHERE they ARE MADE ... and since they are now building a plant in CHINA I wouldnt take any kind of chance
Very well spoken
This is exactly why i can no longer trust nor will i choose to feed Purina (that and the ingredients used in their products!)

Originally Posted by Duchess15

Purina has been safe so far as we know. Like I mentioned earlier, our cats have been eating it for years without any problems. However, have you ever read what ingredients are in purina? I didn't know much about cat nutrition and how important it was until coming on here. There are so many by-products etc..I was horrified. My intent was switching to a better quality food before this recall, however, due to the recent recall my options have been limited.
The way I look at it is 1) I can continue to feed purina which is a lower quality food and hope that nothing goes wrong, 2) switch to a better quality food without grains meaning they would eat less because they would actually absorbed and use those ingredients and be healthier in general. This recall has only enforced the decision I have made a couple of months ago.
It is a shame that some vets do not know as much nutritionally. I can honestly say that is one topic I have never discussed with my vet so I don't know what his views are. I do know that they promote science diet, but our cats won't touch that stuff with a ten foot pole.
The way I see it is that I may pay a bit more for better food, but it will benefit them in so many ways and I will have the peace of mind of not to have to question each time I feed them something if that could potentially hurt them.
All I know at this point is that I'm tired of thinking that everything is ok and that it was one ingredient when now it's more than one. Their health and happiness is my sole goal. Until I can find something else they will switch to, I will stick with purina only because they are ok at this point. I don't think that some people are blowing it out of proportion. There are some people who have no clue whatsoever. I think it's up to each individual person and how much they value their pets. I think being cautious is better than taking a risk on the pets they love and only they can decide what is right for them.
Once again- very well spoken