The story of our garden

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!!! You guys did an amazing job rescuing your garden!!! I wish you guys could come help me and my hubby with our landscaping at the new house!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a surprise to see this bumped - thanks Chris that was so nice
. Thanks for the lovely comments everyone.

For those of you who think you are not green-fingered (the UK equivalent of your green-thumb) - don't worry, neither am I. I plant things that look pretty - although I do take some rudimentary precautions, such as whether it likes sun or shade and soil type. I try to plant if carefully and prepare the ground well, but then it either grows or it doesn't. I can kill indoor plants as well as anyone I know

Jenny - I'm so sorry about your garden in London. But it will be great to start over in France - and what a beautiful place you've got to start over in! You're quite right, we did dig it over well, in fact the last bit of garden we bought was 450 square feet covered entirely with gravel an inch thick. So before we could dig the soil over I had to remove all of that, shovel by shovel. Then, when it came to digging over the soil, we got a full skip of glass, bits of greenhouse and boiler and all manner of other rubbish out of the ground. It was hard, hard work. But very enjoyable.