The sound of shredding

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My lovely Claire is notorious for shredding papers, boxes, bags, etc...
I really should know better, but last night left a newsletter from a local organization that I'm a member of sitting on the dining room table. I woke up around 2 a.m. to the sound of paper shredding. Went to investigate and found Claire on the table having herself a little paper party. Good thing I'd already skimmed the newsletter.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mean to laugh at your expense, and yes, you really should know better!
Flowerbelle only partially shreds, and sometimes just the corners. Gary used to love taking reports we'd written into work with nibbled corners and saying, "The cat ate my homework."

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have shredders too, Tolly and Mazy. I have had to learn to keep my paperwork for work put away. I have voluminous forms to fill out every day, one time Mazy chewed all the edges. The pertinent parts were still readable and I called my supervisor and said

"The cat ate my homework"

then I explained, and asked her if I would have to redo it all, or would she accept it. She laughed and laughed and laughed, and did not make me redo it since all signatures were not affected.

While Mazy specializes in paper shredding, (I actually keep wads of brown paper on the floor for her occasionally)

video of Mazy chewing brown paper

Tolly's favorite is cardboard boxes.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I don't mean to laugh at your expense, and yes, you really should know better!
Flowerbelle only partially shreds, and sometimes just the corners. Gary used to love taking reports we'd written into work with nibbled corners and saying, "The cat ate my homework."
My son's teacher's cat shredded the kids test papers.

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have paper shredders, but Batman is a tissue and toilet paper destroyer if they're around. I keep thinking he'll grow out of it but no luck yet.
He also will take mail and carry it around...

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Daisy is my shredder. Not only does she shred paper, cardboard, whatever she can get her little hands on, she tore into gifts I bought for Secret Santa last year. I feel your pain, believe me!

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My parents' cat Oliver loves to shred napkins and other soft paper. One day Mom found him sprawled on his back on the kitchen table surrounded by shredded napkins with a big pile of them on his tummy. She said he was too happy and cute to be mad at!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ms. Pepe loves to chew on any kind of plastic. Plastic grocery bags, ziploc bags, anything that's plastic is hers.

Mollipop is our paper shredder, whether it's paper toweling, toilet paper, envelopes, or newspaper. She loves to jump up on DH's desk, grab a receipt from a store, jump back down to the floor, and sit there and chew and shred to her heart's content.

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newt loves newspapers. She will hurtle towards them at full speed, jump on them, 'surf' across the floor then tear into them. She will also roll herself up in them.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catfriend

My parents' cat Oliver loves to shred napkins and other soft paper. One day Mom found him sprawled on his back on the kitchen table surrounded by shredded napkins with a big pile of them on his tummy. She said he was too happy and cute to be mad at!
Yeah. It's only paper after all.

We don't have any paper shredders of the feline persuasion. If we did, it would be Fawn, who does contemplate the rolling toilet paper, every time she supervises toilet activity. But the most she ever does is sniff at it -- while she waits for the moment when the toilet flushes and she can watch the water go dooooooooooooooooown and then come back uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, and then report to the human that it did it properly, at which point her attention turns to other SCB (serious cat business) somewhere else in the house.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sherman is my shredder. If it's paper, it's fair game. Since I feed him in the small den bathroom I have to take the toilet paper off the holder and hide it in the cabinet before letting him in there. He's shredded one of my drawings before, too.
Tanna is a shredder in training, she's watched Sherman and likes to emulate the big cats - so she'll shred some paper and is working on a small box that sits in the den for them to play in.

ETA: I never said Sherman's name outloud when typing this, he's bugging me now... His kitty ears must have been burning.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still trying to figure out why most cats seem to like both paper and cardboard. The latter more so. Mine like to lie down on paper