The Sleek Black Gumby Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The problem is no one wants to take a chance on Gumby. They don't want a cat with "issues". We have so many people come in & comment on her video/pics on Petfinder ("she's adorable!"), but the idea that the cat was once a feral & will take time to adjust is appalling to them. They don't get it that this cat will worship the ground they walk on once they gain her trust. They want a kitty who they don't have to put any work into.
(Get a stuffed animal!
)

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gumby has so much in common with my Holland! She was hard work, but it has paid off tremendously. Oh, I wish I could take her!!!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

The problem is no one wants to take a chance on Gumby. They don't want a cat with "issues". We have so many people come in & comment on her video/pics on Petfinder ("she's adorable!"), but the idea that the cat was once a feral & will take time to adjust is appalling to them. They don't get it that this cat will worship the ground they walk on once they gain her trust. They want a kitty who they don't have to put any work into.
(Get a stuffed animal!
)
Well, I know you wouldn't want someone like that taking her anyway - their loss. Of course, there won't be any adoptions on Halloween, either - hopefully she will have a new and loving home before then.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is true about people not wanting to take change or work on a cat they adopt... or a dog for that matter. That's why my Casper came a whisker's breath away from being euthanized. He took ME three months of hard work and a couple of serious bite wounds to get him to come around. And he is just the sweetest boy... but I think he is a one person cat. Right now it's me, but I think he could adjust.