The search continues...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you call the feed store and get the price?

Here is my reasoning ....lol..

Taste her 24$ at my local pet store so roughly 1.75 a lb, 2$ for the small bag

NB same as buy you 2.66 per lb for a mid size

What is authority?

I would venture a guess at even with time and gas you would be under the NB price for IMHO a far better food...If it is as reasonable as Addie gets it you would save $$ minus the driving headache... I would see if either the taste website or the feed store would send you samples...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

PS and PC don't sell Taste. I get it at a more specialty store around here... actually at a discount pet place. .. dumpy.. obviously they don't spend money on decor LOL... but I spend $7.99 for a 5 lb bag and 18 or 19 for the 15 lb bag and THAT my friends is a deal!

If you spent 16 for 6 lbs For the NB Ultra (and they wouldln't eat it )and Wilderness is 18 or 19 for 6 lbs ( based on the online info)... would it be worth another 3 bucks for a bag to get the Wilderness? Just asking.....

ETA: If I could afford it, I would feed EVO or Orijen, but I have seven foster cats and I am on my own to feed them... and I need grain free b/c one boy has GI issues.
Are you referring to Blue Buffalo wilderness? Yes I can probably swing that if I can get it at PT or PS. That is if it is similar in price in the store. They tend to charge more in store b/c they can't charge shipping.

It would be cheaper than driving all the way to the feed store for Taste when you add in all the time I would spend in traffic.

***If I could afford it, I would feed my dog and cats Orijen...I have heard great things about it. But I would have to buy it online.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lol.. Orijen is a great food but I had issues with it in my house...

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/dealer_locator/

try this ...

Yes Blue wilderness is available at least here in both Petco and Petsmart

I just used the locator and found out the hardware store literally down the road has taste now... must find out how much

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Can you call the feed store and get the price?

Here is my reasoning ....lol..

Taste her 24$ at my local pet store so roughly 1.75 a lb, 2$ for the small bag

NB same as buy you 2.66 per lb for a mid size

What is authority?

I would venture a guess at even with time and gas you would be under the NB price for IMHO a far better food...If it is as reasonable as Addie gets it you would save $$ minus the driving headache... I would see if either the taste website or the feed store would send you samples...
Authority was about $14.00 for 8 pounds. Or at least I think...it's been a while.

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the info. Gonna call the feed store and ask for the price on Taste and go from there. If I can't get it I'll check the price of Wilderness at Petco and Petsmart.

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I called the feed store today and they do carry Taste. $12.95 for 5 lbs ad 27.95 for 15 lbs. ($1.86 a lb for the 15 lb bag) May have to go check it out.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marinewife05

I called the feed store today and they do carry Taste. $12.95 for 5 lbs ad 27.95 for 15 lbs. ($1.86 a lb for the 15 lb bag) May have to go check it out.
That is steep compared to around here, but I don't know how that stacks up against cat food prices there to here overall. My boys really like TOTW... they couldn't wait to tuck into it... dry and wet.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marinewife05

Originally Posted by AddieBee

That is steep compared to around here, but I don't know how that stacks up against cat food prices there to here overall. My boys really like TOTW... they couldn't wait to tuck into it... dry and wet.
We seem to have 2 extremes in TOTW pricing here. The place I got our 5lb bag was $10 for the 5 lb bag, and $24.75 for the 15 lb bag (both a bargain IMO). The other place that carries it, is $14.50 for the 5 lb bag and $33 for the 15 lb bag.

The company is great about sending out samples too. So if you aren't sure, I recommend contacting them about getting samples first.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

We seem to have 2 extremes in TOTW pricing here. The place I got our 5lb bag was $10 for the 5 lb bag, and $24.75 for the 15 lb bag (both a bargain IMO). The other place that carries it, is $14.50 for the 5 lb bag and $33 for the 15 lb bag.

The company is great about sending out samples too. So if you aren't sure, I recommend contacting them about getting samples first.
Awesome idea!!! I bet they would!!