The "Say Cheese" Poll

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For snacks my favorite is a sharp cheddar with apples, crusty bread, or crackers. For sandwiches I like a mild chedder or Swiss.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is provolone. I prefer that on any sandwich. To eat plain I prefer cheddar. I do not like the taste of swiss, but that is my husband and son's favorite.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite cheese is Canadian. I've been here over six years and I still can't believe how good the cheese is here. The Canadian cheddar is unbelievable, even the feta is fantastic; I never liked feta until I tasted it here!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite sandwich cheese is Muenster, but I love a lot of different cheeses. My favorite special snack cheese is Brie, and I love Parmesan sauces. I just love cheese!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Sing it, sister! What passes for cheese in the standard American diet is an abomination against nature! And don't even get me started on the supposed "bread" they make to go with it.

That's another thing: try and find a good loaf of store-bought bread now-a-days. Most of it is disgusting!

I remember when my mom used to make her own homemade bread - from scratch.
Take a slice of that fresh from the oven, and slather it with real butter!
It's to die for!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

That's another thing: try and find a good loaf of store-bought bread now-a-days. Most of it is disgusting!

I remember when my mom used to make her own homemade bread - from scratch.
Take a slice of that fresh from the oven, and slather it with real butter!
It's to die for!
All our supermarkets have a bakery on-site that bakes fresh bread all day. The choices are incredible - potato scallion, French, Belgian, Italian, multi-grain, calabrese, sesame seed, poppy seed, etc, etc. and often they are still warm from the oven. I wouldn't even bother making bread with all that available.

Occasionally I do make a batch of bread but I only know how to make 4/5 loaves and it's too much for us now.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

All our supermarkets have a bakery on-site that bakes fresh bread all day. The choices are incredible - potato scallion, French, Belgian, Italian, multi-grain, calabrese, sesame seed, poppy seed, etc, etc. and often they are still warm from the oven. I wouldn't even bother making bread with all that available.
Yeah, I never have gotten into making bread because I don't have the strength in my hands for kneading, and I used to regret that. Dad had some wonderful bread recipes that I would love to have taken over doing, but with all the gorgeous bread available these days, frankly I have better things to do with my time! As you say, even the supermarkets have wonderful stuff, and then there are umpteen dozen awesome bakeries...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh cheese, how I love cheese! So glad to find so many other cheese lovers here.

I can't pick a fave, although I do try to keep a Brie close at hand at all times.
I'm not a goat cheese or blue cheese fan, although I do keep trying from time to time in case my tastes change.

Carol, you crack me up!

Nothing beats a freshly baked loaf of bread! We are so lucky here with our supermarkets, but I still bake a lot at home.

I'd like to try making my own Paneer sometime too. I love Indian, and paneer dishes in particular.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favourite cheese is New Zealand Tasty Cheddar!!! It's medium with a nice kick.

I also enjoy mould ripened cheeses such as brie and blue variaties.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized I should share this: my brother is a musician, and the first place that gave him a chance when he started as a solo act was this really cool, upscale place called Central Market, where shopping is a social experience and you can find all sorts of fabulous imported foods. So my brother still plays on their balcony a day or two every month, and a couple of weeks ago, he took his ten-year-old, my beloved nephew, along with him.

Well, it's a six-hour gig, and my nephew got bored and started wandering around... and he got to talking with the people in the cheese department, where they make fresh mozzarella right there in the store... and they let him try their sample of the day, which was French goat cheese with cherry-blossom honey, and he just loved it... so they gave him a tray, and he went around handing out samples of it all over the store -- and they told him he sold more goat cheese in an hour than they'd sold all day long!