The Sad Christmas thread

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

You bet! And this time, instead of being a nervous overdressed wreck meeting everybody for the first time, I'll be able to relax and enjoy it a lot more.
You don't give yourself near enough credit for what a great person you are and how much we enjoyed meeting you.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

I had a bad Christmas too. My mother was hospitalized after going to the ER early in the morning Christmas Eve after hitting a 10 on the pain scale, being unable to walk, and passing out from the pain. I didn't even find out until I woke up and my uncle called me asking how she was and I had no idea what he was talking about.

I spent most of Christmas Eve and Christmas in the hospital hanging out. My father, brother, and I had dinner at Denny's on Christmas because the hospital cafeteria was closed.

She got discharged today and I just brought her home. Nobody really still knows exactly what is wrong with her, and she's on some very strong pain meds. There wasn't all that much they could do in the hospital though other than give her pain meds because the medications they think will help her will take time to work. So all through New Years she's pretty much going to be stuck in bed.

Between me having to withdraw from law school due to illness and her being hospitalized, the last few months have not been very good.

I hope things get better.
Oh dear!!! What kind of pain? My mom had/has polymyalgia rheumatica ... nasty thing!! It's in remission. She was lucky.

I am so sorry for your troubles. Here's a special TCS
!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

We did manage to spend about six hours talking. When I saw the back window of your car I knew that would be no problem. And also being from Brazil cemented that. And as I promised, Persi has NEVER failed to greet people at the front door and spend time with them.

I just took a look and it looks like things stay on YouTube forever, so you can go to YouTube.com and search on KatKlik and there is last years party in about 7 one minute parts (KatKlik1-7). (Cat clique.) As it turns out, my family in this area are all getting together today. Go figure. I knew when I posed the thread there would be a lot of us and most of us probably just did not wish to talk about it.

Carolina, I am sending you a pm about something you brought up that had me thinking all day yesterday. I am one of the world's leading proponents on conspiracy theories and as such is absoluely amazing that I had never considered this before. BTW, anybody else that likes conspiracy theories needs to read "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. But since I have never voluntarily went into the IMO part of TCS, I will leave it there.

Yes, six hours of stimulating conversation was much better than sitting alone for six hours on Christmas Day, wasn't it? I am so glad I posted my true feelings...
Here is your beautiful boy -

Attachment 14171

By the way Lee, clean your PMs, I am trying to send you a message

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh dear!!! What kind of pain?
She was having pain going down her leg, and also some weakness and improper reflexes in that leg. They thought it was a spinal disk issue at first, and almost operated, but then they retracted that standpoint and thought it was a combination pulled ham string and severe nerve pain in an odd combo, but then they weren't even sure about that. She's on muscle relaxants and opiates right now while they wait for her dexamethasone to kick in, but if it doesn't improve they'll try something like Lyrica or Neurontin or a similar medication for treating radicular neuropathic pain. If that doesn't work, it's back to the drawing board. The weird thing is that her pain follows a path that would suggest it's a disk issue at L4, but while she does have some disk issues that showed up on the MRI, L4 wasn't one of them. So they think the disks on the MRI were just a coincidence and not the cause.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for those who felt they had a sad Christmas. I know I spent the day with family but coming home to my babies was so heart warming. Gosh I love them and I don't think I could ever be alone without them. I hope that everybody had a nice Christmas and spoke to family on the phone if they couldn't be with them.

We were meant to go and stay with my family up North but my cat was due to have kittens and I'm glad we didn't go because my Uncles dog died on that day and he was spending the day with him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

She was having pain going down her leg, and also some weakness and improper reflexes in that leg. They thought it was a spinal disk issue at first, and almost operated, but then they retracted that standpoint and thought it was a combination pulled ham string and severe nerve pain in an odd combo, but then they weren't even sure about that. She's on muscle relaxants and opiates right now while they wait for her dexamethasone to kick in, but if it doesn't improve they'll try something like Lyrica or Neurontin or a similar medication for treating radicular neuropathic pain. If that doesn't work, it's back to the drawing board. The weird thing is that her pain follows a path that would suggest it's a disk issue at L4, but while she does have some disk issues that showed up on the MRI, L4 wasn't one of them. So they think the disks on the MRI were just a coincidence and not the cause.
Lawguy: I have had three back operations in the last year to try and solve the pain I am having in my legs and feet. The theory is that in the L5 area of the spine the sciatic (sp?) nerve passes through a small opening and if pinched, sends much pain down your legs. I have been on pure morphine, hydromorphine, lyrica, trileptal, methadone and have OD'd several times, once resulting in a six hour coma. Right now I have told them I want off all narcotics but they warned me I would have severe withdrawl syptoms and put me on Valium to ease the transistion off of the hard narcotics.

I had an electric stimiulator implanted into my back (actually my butt) with wires going to my spine to send electrical impulses down my legs and supposedly fool my body into not having pain. As it turned out, the stimulator was leaking electricity into my body and I angrily had it removed. Now I am suffering more. I would not be surprised if they end up recommending this stimulator. I will give you the exact names and so forth if you pm me. BTW, all this hype about Valium seems to be just that, hype for me. I took so much morphine that I became immune to it. Trileptal was the most helpful but also the drug that put me in a coma. I would be glad to give you more information on this subject by pm, it sounds like we have the same problem. Oh, Gapapentin used to work very well for me but I have become immune to it, also. The problem with the gabapentin is I live in a three story home and was always falling and hurtin myself. Trileptal on the other hand was taken in small doses at first, increasing every week until the point it was harming me.

Best of luck to you, pm me at any time and I can give you further history of what sounds like the problem I am having and what I am doing about it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

You don't give yourself near enough credit for what a great person you are and how much we enjoyed meeting you.
I second and third that because she came over and had breakfast with Amy and I. My wife is an extremely good judge of people and she thinks you are one of the best.
(And so do I.)

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I second and third that because she came over and had breakfast with Amy and I. My wife is an extremely good judge of people and she thinks you are one of the best.
(And so do I.)
And I fourth that because I was told so!!
Can't wait to meet you

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We did manage to spend about six hours talking. When I saw the back window of your car I knew that would be no problem. And also being from Brazil cemented that. And as I promised, Persi has NEVER failed to greet people at the front door and spend time with them.

I just took a look and it looks like things stay on YouTube forever, so you can go to YouTube.com and search on KatKlik and there is last years party in about 7 one minute parts (KatKlik1-7). (Cat clique.) As it turns out, my family in this area are all getting together today. Go figure. I knew when I posed the thread there would be a lot of us and most of us probably just did not wish to talk about it.

Carolina, I am sending you a pm about something you brought up that had me thinking all day yesterday. I am one of the world's leading proponents on conspiracy theories and as such is absoluely amazing that I had never considered this before. BTW, anybody else that likes conspiracy theories needs to read "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. But since I have never voluntarily went into the IMO part of TCS, I will leave it there.

Yes, six hours of stimulating conversation was much better than sitting alone for six hours on Christmas Day, wasn't it? I am so glad I posted my true feelings...
It happened on December 26 in Iran, but it was Christmas here when I learned that both of my grandnephews were killed in this most horrible earthquake. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3348613.stm I don't remember telling you about this but my nephew and wife have since moved here and started a new family and have a boy and a girl. Christmas here is December 26 in Iran and a most, most, sad day for them.