The Royal Baby

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Meghan Markle is apparently in labor -

Meghan Markle in labour with first child

Yes, I know a lot of people will say who cares. :wink: I am not a royal watcher at all, but I like the people William and Harry have become and I wish them well.

Any one else paying attention to this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That's great!

So many were speculating that she had already given birth and that it was a girl named Ivy. :lol:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a great royal fan but I like William and Harry, Harry being my favourite. He seems less stuffy than the rest and if you met him in the street and didn't know his background you'd probably think he was just a decent guy with a posh accent. Mind you he served with the ordinary guys in the military and he's said that they gave him no special treatment at all and I believe him.
I like that he's married an American of mixed race because the royals need dragging into the modern world generally. I bet Prince Philip isn't really pleased with the mixed race thing as he has made 'jokey' comments before about race, one of them being the 'slitty eyes' gaff when in China.
Anyway, I wish them well and hope Meghan speaks her mind and doesn't get bullied into wearing the royal straight jacket that screwed Diana's mind up somewhat.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the biggest difference between Meghan and Diana is that Meghan is used to being in the spotlight, and Diana wasn't. Meghan knows how to handle the public diplomatically. Diana manipulated the press to her advantage, but she didn't really like the loss of privacy.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's exciting. I'm not a gotta-hold-every-baby kind of person; but I do love to see the excitement a new addition brings to families. Especially when you can tell it's something they've wanted for a long time.

I wish them the best!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Archie? As in Bunker? Where did that come from?
Maybe Meghan and Harry are fans of the Archie Comics! :biggrin:
I've always liked the name Archie, and nicknamey names as first names are common here in the UK. I expected them to choose a more modern name as it reflects the fact that they are a very modern and more "ordinary" couple. Not a fan of Harrison though. In some parts of the UK it's seen as a sort of chavvy/trailer trash name and used to have a bit of a bit rep (particularly where I come from) but that seems to have diminished now.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, someone from the UK just said on CNN that Archie was popular in the UK now. I'm still underwhelmed. Wish it had been Spencer. Classy, personal, and modern.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just spent 20 minutes trying to explain the concept of line of succession to my very American kids. :lol: More than half of that because they just HAD to see pictures. Thank you Google and Wikipedia. :crazy:

Its kind of nice that they have different names. I do agree Spencer would have been nice to have included; but I like that they chose what they wanted too. I got so tired of one particular friend giving me name suggestions that I made up some ridiculous ones when I was pregnant with my DD. Which I will not mention here because they are probably someone out theres name. ;)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he has red hair it'll be EPIC!!! :D

"Archibald" sounds more British and "royal-ish". They could have made that his proper name and called him Archie. Ah well, whatever they like, it's not like anyone else but the parents get to choose a kid's name.