The Ring

gerardsmine29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any1 like that Movie? I luv it! The movie wasnt very scary, but I just got this facination with Samara. But ya, any1 like it?

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I love the movie...its actually is a good horror movie, I also like the 2nd one....now they aren't scary they are just creepy.....but I have to admit the grudge was scarier than the ring movies

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the Ring. The first time I saw it was with my boyfriend's mom and his brother. Some parts kind of creeped me out, like when Samara came out of the tv and looked all.. weird. We ended up seeing the second one in theaters. It wasn't as good, but I'll admit that I jumped a little when they uncovered the guy in the ambulance at the beginning..

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As with most movies lately, I liked it....until the ending....
The ending made the whole movie suck, IMO.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

As with most movies lately, I liked it....until the ending....
The ending made the whole movie suck, IMO.
I agree. The way they ended it (the second one, that is) was just.. ugh.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked them. I didn't really think they were all that scary, but they were a bit creepy. Normally I don't like movies that are that kind of horror, but I just thought the whole atmosphere was neat. The ending was pretty bad in the second one though, I agree!

blueyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am such scaredy
The Ring didn't have alot of jumpy scenes but the whole idea was creepy and I had a hard time sleeping or being home alone at night for a looooong time after that one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gerardsmine29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol! Ya, well. In the first one when they opened the door and there was dead Kaity, I jumped and covered my eyes. Then, from then on, the other dead guy in the first one, and botha them in the second one, I knew what was coming, so I covered my eyes! lol! I am SUCH a scaredy cat! lol! But ya, I feel sooooooo bad for Samara!
Killed by her Mom and forced to live in a well alone. Do you think they'll make a third one? I hope so!

blueyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I never saw the second one but I probably will and then regret when I'm home alone!lol I felt the blood drain out of my body and my stomach drop to the floor when she came through the t.v.....ugh! I still shudder with that image! Movies that involve spirits scare me silly....and then there's the real crime type films...like Saw....*shudders* I refuse to see the second one. I'll probably need sleeping pills if I do!

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't care for The Ring, but I usually don't go for horror flicks. Haven't seen The Ring 2 yet.
I live about 5 miles from the place where the well scenes were shot and the little pasture where the maple tree was. I drove by the location several times on my way to and from work. Even caught a glimpse of Naomi Watts walking down the road with some crew members.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you dont mind sub-titles then watch the original japanese editions, especially The Grudge. The hollywood re-make does it no justice at all.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

If you dont mind sub-titles then watch the original japanese editions, especially The Grudge. The hollywood re-make does it no justice at all.
I was thinking that exact statement while I was reading!
So,

Great Minds!!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

The Japanese versions are a lot better if you are used to following Asian plot logic.

Ringu 0 spoiled the series in one way: After learning about Sadako's horrible fate to the full, I couln't see anything wrong about her actions. She was no longer scary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gerardsmine29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didnt see the japenese 1, just the American 1's! lol! But ya, I like the ring. I can draw the ring 2 dvd cover really well, but I gess thats cuz its pretty easy! lol!

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that film scared the hell out of me
But the Grudge was 10 times scarier, i dot think i ever got over watching that

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I love ALL scary movies - and I did like The Ring and The Grudge too!
You like The Grudge? Just curious, because all I hear is bad things about it over here.. but I haven't seen it.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually don't think horror movies are very scary. Mostly a viewing annoyance that I put with up, because my wife LOVES horror movies.
But.......I did think "the grudge" was creepy and I won't watch it again. lol

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

You like The Grudge? Just curious, because all I hear is bad things about it over here.. but I haven't seen it.
I did like it - but I like a lot of movies -

Not that it was scary, but I thought it was good

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I did like it - but I like a lot of movies -

Not that it was scary, but I thought it was good
I was just wondering, because it seems like everyone that I hear bring it up didn't like it.
I've seen some pretty bad one's myself.. like SICK (Serial Insane Clown Killer).. and the acting was horrible.