The Real Ghost of Christmas Past

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been a sceptic since they lived in that house, for about 9 months in 1980. It was an old farmhouse in Bartonsville, PA, in the Pocono Mountains. I have no idea if it's still standing. There was definitely someone unseen walking around the house and opening up drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. So many people heard and sensed it that her husband at the time, who is Jewish, had some rabbis come out and investigate. They performed some sort of exorcism (I don't remember what it was actually called) after deciding the house was haunted. It didn't have any effect, so my sister, who had been raised a Catholic, contacted the local Catholic church. They did their own investigation, decided the same thing, and performed an exorcism. That also didn't work, so they decided to move out. After they told their landlord they were moving out, he told them nobody had stuck it out there as long as they had! He wouldn't come right out and admit that it was haunted, or give them any background on the house, probably because he was worried about not being able to rent it out or sell it. There were three bedrooms upstairs, one of which my sister and b-i-l used. The other two were never used, because nobody could stand staying in those rooms for more than a few minutes. The downstairs dining room had to be used as a guest room. We used to take one of the dogs up there when we visited, and he used to really freak out, growling and "guarding" us. I think if two separate panels of rabbis and priests said the house was haunted, that that made it "official".