The raw stool thread... WARNING: *GRAPHIC*

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you're reacting to the close-up picture so it's easy to see how fibrous it is inside the stool. But as you can see in the first pictures, the entire stool is barely 3" long and 1/4" wide. So how much hair could be in there? ...especially as that's 2 or 3 days worth of ingestion of hair and food.

Have you ever had a cat throw up a hairball? Have you ever brushed a cat with a furminator?

But in answer to your question, they all get brushed, pretty much daily as they love it. And I use a furminator on them every 3 to 4 days or so.
i might be reacting to the close up and does cat litter last longer if the cat eats raw since they poo less? just wondering

mine get brushed almost everyday and i want to get a furmintar .and my cats used to throw them up before i started brushing them and i don't see hair in there fecal matter

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took a video of Ritz' FHS symptoms.  Around the same time, I took pictures of Ritz' poop next to a ruler. 

When clicking through the pictures on my camera to show the vet the video, I came to the one with Ritz' poop.

Vet was a little, um, weirded out by that.

Maybe she thought I was really crazy who happened to own cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:flail: I had to bring a stool sample to the vet. I dropped it off up front, and it occurred to me during the exam that maybe the vet wanted to see it. So I asked her. She said, "No, I'm good." :lol3: But she knows I'm crazy. ;)

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail: I had to bring a stool sample to the vet. I dropped it off up front, and it occurred to me during the exam that maybe the vet wanted to see it. So I asked her. She said, "No, I'm good." :lol3: But she knows I'm crazy. ;)
Hahaha that's funny