The RAOK thread (random acts of kindness)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taken from my daily question:

I was having a discussion w a friend about random acts of kindness. More and more ppl are choosing to participate in events that involve RAOK (ex. a young lady passed away a few yrs back and her parents created ROAK in Nicole's memory...each yr they do something x her age... This year her mom handed out 33 white roses to strangers walking down the street).

RAOK are simply to try to encourage kindness, and IMO, we all need to remember that being kind is not costly, not a hassle, takes very little effort and you never know what ppl are going through in their lives and your simple act of kindness could make their day

Here are a few links about RAOK:

http://www.actsofkindness.org/
Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_act_of_kindness
Some stories: http://www.peopleandpossibilities.co...sstories2.html

I started this thread, for others to post any RAOK they have done on that day.

The reason is not to brag, but to share, to give other ppl ideas of kind gestures they could do....and to bring a smile to others. Its hard not to smile when reading some very selfless stories, and it is also encouraging.

I hope this thread will encourage even just one person to go out of their way a tad to help make another smile, to give ideas, or feel good by reading other stories of kindness.

Please post away, I am hoping to be able to post here daily, and I hope you can too.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hum... Don't know if it counts.... But last night I created a Blog for Jacky (mews2much) so she can do a fundraising for Coco
, and also people can follow the life of her kitties.... Then I made a doantion to help her paying her vet bill...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gotten carried away with a few freebies when I shop. Mom's co-worker who lives down the street is going through a rough patch. They had to demolish and redo their kitchen ceiling to floor. I gave her a few bags of napkins and paper plates.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I worked at the water office, I paid the bill for someone who was going to get the water cut off. I never told them.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I helped pay for groceries for the person in front of me in line. She had a couple of young children with her, was paying with food stamps, and absolutely nothing frivolous in her cart - just diapers, milk, bread, peanut butter and jelly, etc. No junk food or soda at all. After dumping every last penny from the bottom of her purse, she was short about 20 dollars and was trying to figure out which items to put back. It was totally sad. So I pitched in the difference between what she had and what she owed.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GREAT thread!

We always carry LOTS of water bottles in the car so we can hand them out to people (like roadside workers or policemen) working outside in this heat.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It wasn't as hot as it has been, but today we gave away three bottles of water. I think the other couple of things we did falls into the normal category of being nice or doing a favor for a friend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mailed out some unexpected cards today