The prettiest place you've been....

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aside from where you live, where is the prettiest place you've been? My dad traveled all over the world (even to Antartica) and he always said New Zealand was the most beautiful place he'd seen. I've never been to New Zealand, so I'm going with Naples, Italy. I also think the state of Virginia is beautiful in general, though I haven't seen much of it.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Redwoods in California....
awesome.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vermont during Fall when the leaves are changing

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hawaii, no doubt.

But Utah is our favorite place to drive through, very scenic.

There is a beauty to every part of the country, if you're receptive to it.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends and I backpacked through Europe, and the prettiest place we went was definitely the alps in Switzerland. Being surrounded on three sides by alps was one of the best good mornings I ever had. Some areas in the Black Forest are really pretty as well, especially near the "Disney Castle," the castle the one in Disneyland is based off of. There's a mountain peak overlooking the castle about 1/2 mile away, and with the mountain scenery it's just spectacular.

For man-made beauty, Rome was by far the best. Every place you looked, there was some other insanely famous monument staring you in the face. We were there during Christmas, so we also got to take in the Nativity scene in Vatican City. Stunning.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No doubt about it, the prettiest place I have ever been is the Wind River Range in Wyoming. Montana runs a close second. Beautiful country there, just like a postcard.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I SO could not pick just one place - there are so many different TYPES of beauty!

The Grand Canyon.
The Fjords of Norway.
The canola fields in Northern British Columbia.
The streams in the countryside of Montana.
The painted canyons of North Dakota.
Vermont in the fall.
Prague
European countryside (doesn't matter where - France, Germany, the Netherlands...)
Flying over the caribbean islands
The bus ride up to Lake Titicaca in Peru

Never been to New Zealand, Australia, Africa or the UK.

...but just too many beautiful places to pick just one!!!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Amalfi Coast of Italy.. sigh..... loved the Isle of Capri, too.

A glacier-fed lake in Alaska, surrounded by mountains.

Picturesque city goes to Vancouver, BC. Ringed by the Rockies on one side and the ocean on the other. I have been a couple of times. Liked it a lot.

Florence, Italy wasn't bad either.
The Tuscan countryside is lovely.

Now the COOLEST place I have ever been is Stonehenge!!!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
St Martin for sure. We've been there twice on cruises with my parents and I absolutely love it there. Its my favorite place. Scotland was really pretty, but I wish I had been in better company when I was there (went with my mom, sister, and grandmother).

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I haven't traveled tons but I do remember Marin County (San Francisco Bay Area) being very pretty. So it gets my vote. SF proper is a close second. I can't count my birth nation (Singapore) because I left when I was a baby so I don't remember it- but tons and tons of people say it's pretty, very clean and fascinating. Even Martha Stewart thinks so http://bit.ly/9Oc1DG There are stiff fines for littering. I think graffitti lands you in jail. Chewing gum is outlawed on the national level because it makes ugly black circles on the ground - very common on New York City streets.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only been to Australia before, but some parts of Sydney are absolutely gorgeous out where my Grandparents live but oh yeah there are some gorgeous parts to NZ and I am so fortunate I live in this paradise.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heron Island on the Great Barrier Reef - gorgeous!

Dinner one night

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been many places but its got to be Isle of Wight so far, we went there in september on holiday and it was just glorious.x

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rad65

My friends and I backpacked through Europe, and the prettiest place we went was definitely the alps in Switzerland. Being surrounded on three sides by alps was one of the best good mornings I ever had.
We DID spend a weekend at Zermatt, in Switzerland, while I was in college. No cars allowed, etc. I'll admit it was beautiful (but cold).

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I just love North Carolina (I was born at Camp LeJeune) and my dream is to someday move there. Our son and his wife have also been bitten by the North Carolina bug and they'd love to go there, too. I have a feeling that, once they move, DH would relent and we'd be able to re-locate there, too. But right now we both work and we have responsibilities to his parents and to my mother. Maybe someday......

That being said, for the most part, one of the most beautiful states is Pennsylvania. We have the rolling hills and mountains and the beautiful fall scenery. We have all four seasons (although I'm not much of a cold weather fan) and it's just a lovely state to live in.

I've never been out of the US, only to Canada, so I can only talk about the States. (Although I will say that the areas in Canada that we've visited are gorgeous, too.)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to choose Maui (our honeymoon) - so far we have not been to any place prettier then Hawaii - seriously its "heaven on earth" as far as beauty goes.