The Pope has died.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

May he rest in peace.
I dont' want to sound disrespectful to anyone - least of all the Pope... but he did die three days ago now. I'm curious... has it taken that long for the news to get to you, or have I missed a thread being posted? I'ts just that I haven't seen this one before... please put me right.

I thought it was incredibly sad.... and I still do... let's face it though, at 84 I think he was doing really REALLY well
and not only that, but he had the courage and the strength to stand up for what he believed in... it might not have been popular view, but it was what he believed to be right - that takes a really special kind of person. In a way I feel sad that his body is being treated more like an object to be stared at... I know what I'm trying to say, but I can't really find the words.... there are a lot of people who have gone to see his body and say goodbye, but these people may not have even thought once about going to see the man when he was alive. Why is it that great people only seem to make an impact on lives after they have left us? I hear what you're saying about some Americans being really crass about his death - it being "cool that he would die while they were there" and I hope they get what's coming to them.... but our own Queen hasn't exactly been a role model either. Seeing as it's been plastered all over the papers that she was more interested in the fact that Charles and Camilla's wedidng has had to have been put back yet another day because it clashed with the Pope's funeral... How disrespectful could you get short of desecrating his resting place? Personally I coudln't care less about the lives of the royal family - let Charles marry his long term affair - but must they create such a fuss over a wedding? Everyday individuals face all sorts of problems with their own weddings, theirs is no different...

John Paul's death has been a really mellowing event in this world... and it's obvious that it has left people all over saddened, but by the same token, they've been given an opportunity to reflect on their lives as well.... time to think on not only the great man... but on their own mortality. At least that's what I think.... It's almost a showing that even the greatest things on Earth will come to pass on.

ONe thing is for sure... he might have been at God's right hand here on earth, but he's still at God's right hand in His kingdom now
May he sleep peacefully.

God bless.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i still dont believe he died... its like he is so alive while laying down on that thing!