The perfect way to end a rubbish week

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
....well to start with there was this huge scene on monday at work I had to call the manager down to sort it out, basically there was a guy came in the pub that wasnt allowed and he was high on drugs and full of drink so you can just imagine the language he came out with....

... then my mam is hardly speaking to me yet again and tonight Blaine phoned me someone drove into the back of his car
the damage we can see is it llooks like boot floor, tailgate is split and rear section of exhaust is bent and rear slam panel is bent to, its a possible write off need to see how badly the boot floor is damaged

thankfully the guy that drove into him has held his hands up and said he wasnt concentrating on the road, but the force of the impact was enough for Blaine (in his seat with seatbelt on) knocked forward and whipped back so he is a tad sore. We are hoping he isnt going to have to pay the excess and that its all just going to go through the other guy's insurance company

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ive spoke to him this mornin he says he is ok but sore and stiff
its just a nightmare to be honest

We think that if the car gets fixed we are going to sell it and get something different it is not a lucky car at all, but it could of been a lot worse

EDIT: He has spoke to the insurance people claim is set up, but arent oing to go any further with the claim until the other guy phones and admits responsibility that is under Blaines orders he doesnt want to be stung like last time and actually take the guy to court to get his money back for an accident he didnt cause

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, when it rains it pours.

Hopefully all your bad luck happened this week and things will calm down. I hope Blaine feels better soon. Did he go to the hospital to get checked out? I got rear-ended once and while no damage to the cars other than a dented fender (I miss metal cars), my neck hurt for about a week. I'm not sure how accidents are handled in your country but were the police called? Here, if there is a police report filed where one driver admits it was his fault that can be sent to the insurance company instead of the other driver actually calling them.

Here's hoping next week will be better...

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow hun, I'm really sorry that you and Blaine are going through all of this.
Here's hoping everything works out with the car and that next week is better.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that is a horrible end to a rubbish week!

Obviously insurance works differently there than here, because here the insurance companies contact each other and the law dictates who pays what. But a rear-end is ALWAYS the responsibility of the person that drove into the car in front of them.

insurance covers ALL the costs of repair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And hope next week is MUCH better!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ash it's too late now, but if anything like that happens again call the police to the scene. More so if they hold their hands up saying it was their fault, because the first thing they say is not to admit to anything because he could back pedal once he's had time to think?. You should be ok though and they'll pay for everything. Check that his insurance is covered to pay for a hire car while yours is in for repair as well because some are.

It sounds similar to an accident that my late husband and i had when our car was only a month old. We were at a roundabout and the car hit us from behind. He admitted he was too busy looking at the cars coming around, but the best of it was he was a lawyer who admitted it was his fault

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep police were informed for our piece of mind, he has spoke to nhs direct coz the doctors are shut they have advised hospital so hes going tomorrow he thought it was going to dissapear but it hasnt

He is getting car hire as of Tuesday they have said they are busy with it being bank holiday weekend

(theres photos of Meg on my facebook if you have me on there lol)

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Yep police were informed for our piece of mind, he has spoke to nhs direct coz the doctors are shut they have advised hospital so hes going tomorrow he thought it was going to dissapear but it hasnt
(theres photos of Meg on my facebook if you have me on there lol)
It sounds like a bit of whiplash?.

Who's Meg, the car?

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

It sounds like a bit of whiplash?.

Who's Meg, the car?
yeah we think so hes trying to hide his pain, and i know how painful whip lash is but at least he is going to see a doctor

Yes Meg is the car

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, poor Blaine and poor you too!

Glad he is going to get checked out, and I hope he feels better soon and you don't have any hassles with the insurance.

Here's to a better next week!!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Blaine is starting to feel better, hes just really upset about the car, hes spent all this money on it getting it to look the way he wants it to look and it is now a possible write off

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know in a way we are hoping its wrote off coz then its gone and we dont have to think about it, but on the other hand we really love the Megane and dont want it written off, I think its safe to say we dont know what we want

He now has a hire car that the other guy is paying for! He needs one for work, its a lovely Astra and he likes it and I could see it in his face when he was driving yesterday that he was weighing up the damn pro's and cons of changing cars
I know him to well

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone!

Hes a tough bloke to please when it comes to cars

Meg is now at the Bodyshop

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well we are now waiting to hear from the other guys insurance assessor after he goes to see Meg make sure the original estimaters did their job right which they did because the car wasnt written off, but it could still be if it doesnt staighten out when it goes on the jig

we have a crappy astra at the moment its playing havoc with my back, but it gets us from a to b and i know when the insurance say like for like on courtesy cars they dont mean modified cars like what you are used to

Blaine has been bad with his neck injury he always looks like hes in pain and i hate i cant help him