The Peculiar Mysticism of Cats

captain dave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats have their own peculiar beliefs that we humans cannot simply fathom, for it is far too complicated of a matter for our simian brains to comprehend.

This is a thread for you to post your observations of the mysticism of our feline companions, and your own interpretation of the same.

I will begin...

I have come to the firm conclusion that poop is a mystical substance when it comes to cats.

When they are needing to poop, they will wander around and meow at you. This is the beginning of wisdom...the need to poop, but the strange sensations it forces upon the rest of the body cannot be ignored and must be studied.

When they finally acquiesce and poop, thus begins the concentration and focus, and the understanding of release, of relinquishing that which can no longer serve.

Post-poop...it's time to bury, but also to scatter litter everywhere. This is saying good-bye to the past, but welcoming in the joyous potential of the future.

And now, freed from the burden, it is time to rejoice...by running everywhere at full speed for no apparent reason!

Yes...pooping is Zen.

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my! A poop post. You and my hubby would get along famously.

Another mystery of cats:

Young, inquisitive cat needs to explore the world around him. His neurotic owner will not allow him outside unless on a harness. Young cat is trained on harness inside, rewarded with the coveted Temptations. Young cat is ready. Young cat goes outside on harness, with temptations near by. Young cat leads owner back to door. "We live in here, stupid" says young cat.

Later on that night (well past 10 pm) young cat brings harness and leash to owner and says "Okay human, let's go outside."

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise

So true with the pooping.

I have noticed that my cats concentrate and focuses so hard when they poop.