The Paranormal Experience Thread

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
years ago I was in a collision and I had an out-of-body experience. It was pretty intense, I saw my son and I had furry soft things bumping against me all the time we talked. I woke up in the ambulance where they were working over me. Since then, I have been visited twice by two cats that have since passed on- Tazz and Kahuna.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do beleive in "paranormal" I just haven't finished coming up with the "plan" that I think or would like to believe it follows (hope that makes sense) so may things that we don't know yet - nor can be proven without a shadow of a doubt to be true OR not true.

I had my palm read in college - said I would be married twice and have 3 kids. She got the twice part right..... 3 human kids no? 5 cats and 11 birds? yes.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to find a animal communicator, to see if bubba is ok on the other side. I feel guilt sometimes from the way his illness came on so fast. I know it is him that knocks things off the dresser sometimes. It isn't one of my other cats because they were not in the room when it happened. It was only Rick and I in the room!! He never comes to me in dreams, so I wonder if he felt abandoned his last day at the vet. We let the vet do exploratory surgery, and when I got the call from the vet that Bubba had cancer, I let the vet put his tired body to rest. I just hope that Bubba knows how much he was loved and how he is missed.

I do believe in psychic abilities. I think all of us have experienced them at some point in our lives. Everybody has that ability, it is just the way we were conditioned as children on how much we let it come naturally to us.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was about 9 I saw a column of light grow from the floor of my bedroom to the ceiling and then die out. It was a very intense gold and there weren't any windows in that room (It was an attic room).

I also almost fell off a ladder one time and was pushed back up when I was about at a 45 degree angle from the ladder.

I often have the same dreams or thoughts with my mom and little sister. (My little sister sees auras and could predict where to find lost things when she was little. We haven't talked about that in a really long time.) Sometimes I just get "feelings" about people or things. I also could predict who was calling (in the days before we had caller id).

And my grandma came and visited me for several years after she died... I would just feel her in the room. I don't know if I can be hypnotized, but I'd be very interested to find out.

I'm also convinced that I was a cat in a past life... as some of my habits are... well... catlike.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!! Awesome thread topic! I think even those of us that don't believe are still fascinated.

OK, I have had SEVERAL encounters of the unknown. The good story, was of course Cat-related. An apartment that I lived in during college had a ghost-cat in it. It would wake me up in the middle of the night, walking along my back (when I slept on my side). At first I did think it was my roomates cat (always go logical first!) until I would wake up the next morning and realised my door was still shut
The time that really FREAKED
me out at this apartment? As I'm falling asleep one night, I had my hand hanging off the side of my bed. I felt (and heard) something start to bat at it (like a cat batting at a toy). I was so freaked out at that point, I couldn't fall asleep. Then I felt the ghost-cat jump onto my bed, and walk back and forth along my side until it layed down. Again, woke up the next morning and no physical cats in the room.

Second story is a friend from several years back, kept telling me about the house she grew up in and the haunted stories with it. She found it fascinating that they haunt every room except the addition they added on (I told her spirits haunt whatever was there during their time). When I went back home with her one weekend, she gave me the tour of the house. We walked into their den, I looked at her and said "This is the addition". She freaked because she had never told me WHICH room. I just told her that it doesn't feel like the rest of the house.

My BF has freakier stories, but he believes something isn't haunted unless he can see it too. So I know that if I told him our current house is has a spirit (not haunted, but I do sense a presence that only is in certain areas of the house) he'll think I'm crazy.

BTW, does anyone watcht the TV show on Travel Channel "Most Haunted"? We have a good laugh at that show since they send in the most anxious people in England it seems who jump at any noise. LOL!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents visited a big cemetery in Savannah and after leaving tehy smeeled cigar smoke(no one was around but them) and on the way back to columbus in the car they smelled the cigar smoke again. after they got home they were watching TVand apparently the spirit dint like what they were watching and changed the channel(remote on table not being touched) they changed it back and they havent smeeled are heard from him since... so creepy to me!! but cool

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I go out to this rural cemetary on the oregon trail, to go ghost hunting!! We take a infared night scope and watch for ghosts and orbs. I will say that we both have left there pretty scared. One night we saw a shape of a woman in what seemed like a prairie dress. You could see her waist outline. That still sends shivers up my spine!

One night we saw a tear drop rose colored light above a tombstone and a smokey streak coming from it into the tree. It was amazing.

I have not been feeling to comfortable when we go out there anymore.. I think we made a ghost upset. The vibes from the place can be very spikey at times..

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother has told me several stories about her mother (who died long before I was born). She apparently had a gift.

Once she saw the apparition of her father's dog. Just after it disappeared, the phone rang with the news her father had died. (She lived about 200 miles from him!)

hadley's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
first i would like to thank the original poster for this thread i LOVE it. ok i am a huge beliver in the paranormal/supernatural i belive in ghosts ive read many books on the subject and have done intensive resurch regarding ghosts. ok to clarafiy what ghosts are another poster was somewhat right but i need to add more a lot of times when a human or animal dies tragicaly their soul doesnt know most of the time that they have passed so their spirit remains at the place the tragady took place reacting the tragady over and over again till someone a medium helps them cross over into the light. also sometimes when something means a great deal to someone like a cherised house or place even though they didnt die tragicly their spirit or ghost will remain atached to that place. as for personal experiences i have ESP i can tell when things are going to happen or what someone is going to say every once and a while ill see things out of the corner of my eye but when i turn my head nothings there. ive visited a few places where ive definitly felt presences of others nonliving like vacant prisions, graveyards and such ive had this over whelming feeling of sadness come over me for no reason as well as a feeling like there was someone sitting on my chest and was hard to breath i had to leave those areas quickly. i also have the ability to read people very well like stuff about their past they never told me and such. ok one last thing ive also taken pictures places and had strange things appear like wisps of smoke and orbs. again thanks for this thread !!!

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a couple.

When I was a baby our house was haunted, I used to sleep in my parents room which had an open veranda next to it. My parents say when in the kitchen or wherever they were, could late at night hear a man walking up and down the veranda, but they say he was harmless because he never did anything to me, they even suggested that he was guarding me.

When I was young I had a kitten that had been run over by a car after getting out of the office, he made it back to his basket (the trail of blood showed us where he had been) then he went under the house, I was the one who found him, I was about 8 at the time. I had nightmares for weeks after that. But after I used to hear him meowing and purring in my room, however, I kept my eyes shut because it scared the bejezus out of me! lol. I just wish now that I wasnt scared.

My boarding school was very haunted, they had ashes of a young girl that was killed in a room downstairs underneath where we all slept, if you were down there late enough you could hear her walking up and down the halls. Once also we saw a white figure walking up and down OUR veranda late at night. That same veranda went around the the bathroom, once when I was in the bathroom, I could hear someone turning and playing with the locks, i went straight out and looked everywhere but there was nobody there!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my family has always had paranormal experiences.....to name a few below:

My grandmother and great aunt (her sister) were driving down a busy road when they said all of a sudden the common noises of cars driving, bugs, night noises ...stop...they said it was completely quiet and all the cars dissappeared......then they said they saw an object up in the air..(they assume it was an ufo) they started to drive off really fast but the object was keeping up with them until it finally shot off into the air and dissappeared...as soon as it dissappeared all of the cars came back and the noises followed......now they both tell the story the same...i don't think they would lie about it

My mom, who passed away 2 years ago, always had the paranormal things happening and I think it was passed on to me since we had such a huge connection with eachother.

We had 2 cats and the one , who we had for 15 years, passed away. After she died we would hear weird noises over by the food bowls..and our other cat started acting crazy like he was fighting with another cat (they would always fight), then one night my mom was laying in bed and heard the sound of a cat eating...she assumed it was her cat that was still alive....but our cat was laying next to her the whole time....she kept hearing the noise and she was staring straight at the bowl the whole time!!

We would always hear footsteps up and down our stairs to the garage but of course there was no one there.

We had another cat that would stair at the top of our stairs at the same time every night and make weird noises.

I could keep on naming but it would be a very long post!!

katielv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I never see things but I can always feel a presence in the house. My hubby is spooked so I don't tell him when someone is visiting. Sometimes I used to think that I just made it up. But now that we have our two furry kids they proove that I'm not crazy. Whenever they just stare at smth I feel it too. I think it would be great to see spirits but I don't have that gift.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father has a long history of paranormal experiences of various kinds, but none I know of in recent years... until just the other night. He likes to sit up reading in the living room all hours of the night, while the rest of the house is asleep. A few nights before Christmas, he looked up and saw what he called a "ghost cat" walk into the room from the hallway, looking straight ahead, and stroll on out of sight behind the sofa.

He says the ghost cat was whitish and insubstantial, and that the two "real" kitties who were present just stood back and stared as the apparition passed...

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Numerous...

We live in an 90 year old house. We don't really know its history. A little more than a year ago, late at night, I heard the sound of shoes (not sneakers or slippers we wear, but of the leather bottomed variety) downstairs about the kitchen tile floor and continuously up and down the basement wooden steps (which are original to the house). Thing was, that our only cat at the time was upstairs with us, so it wasn't her, and the fact that the metal strip at the top of the stairs has a very distinctive noise to it when loaded with the weight of a human.

Next...
Five years ago, for about a week, I witnessed both our cats (had 2 then) stare up at human eye level at something as it came down the stairs into the living room, and walk through the living room on into the dining room and then into the kitchen. And back again! Not a bug. The cats have a different look when they see a bug. I was freaked out, as was the cat. You know that chattering they do when they see something really odd? Well, the other cat also saw the same thing happen within a few days of the first time. I didn't see anything.

Next...
When I was about 12, I slept with a time/temp/humidity guage next to my bed. It was winter, and my room very very very suddenly got warm - almost hot. It was unnerving enough that I turned on a little flashlight and looked at the temperature thing rise 10 degrees before my eyes. I also felt a strong presence that was trying to "know me" or something. I prayed and asked the thing to leave. It did. The temperature very quickly dropped as I also watched that happen on the dial.

Next...
UFO. On vacation with 4 other guys in Iron Mountain, MI. Three of them left in a rowboat to an island to do some serious drinking. I and another weren't drinking that night and stayed behind at the cabin. I was asleep at about 9pm (very non-teenager thing to do), and my friend Dave was outside somewhere. He suddenly woke me up and said "wake up - you've gotta see this!" I begrudgingly got up and though he was going to show me the northern lights. I grabbed my glasses, and followed him out to the pier. He pointed to a spot in the sky to the north. Not northern lights. There was about the brightest point of light you could imagine moving at right angles many miles (a guess) away. At some unbelievable speed this thing was darting and then stopping dead then moved again a huge distance almost instantly - again at right angles. It also was either shimmering or revolving slowly (we couldn't tell, since at the distance and brightness, we weren't really sure). Many times we both asked the other "you're seeing this too, right?" It lasted about 20 minutes and then just winked out. The others came back some time later, but we never told them about this until about 20 years later.

Next...
At about 18, I was up very very late in the dining room typing (typewriter) up a paper for school. It was during my big "Is there really a God" phase that most of us go through. The night was quiet both inside and out; the rest of the family was asleep. I was having difficulties with the paper, but the bigger problem was questioning my beliefs. I asked the question you're not supposed to ask "God, are you there - is there something more? - you've got to let me know somehow, and right now would be a good time."

I knew that was really asking for it. You're just not supposed to ask that sort of question. Well, nothing happened immediately, and I then apologized and shrugged it off to late night anxiety. Then... 2 or 3 minutes later, there was a sort of boom noise up near the front of the house with just enough force to know it was a pounding noise - but very low pitched. Scared the you know what out of me. Then another the same volume. OK, I thought "No... what?" then a fairly long pause and finally a very much louder thud. I hadn't asked for that, or even three of that. But there they were.

Errrr... OK! There were two thoughts that I remember thinking at the time immediately following those three booms. One was "that was kinda cool, and I think just meant for me only." The other thought was even more freaky. Stay with me on this one: If the loud thumping noise came immediately, that wouldn't have allowed me to dismiss the question and make me ashamed of even asking it. The other thought was the longer pause between the second and the third was just too perfectly timed to be coincidence, and that third boom was just enough louder to make a point. I don't ask questions like that anymore. I don't have to.

That's it. My mom also had a much much better UFO story from about 1952 with close to 90 of her friends, and she never told me until immediately after I told her my Iron Mountain UFO story, but this post is already long enough.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad used to smoke really stinky cigars, Dutch Master's Panatellas. I can't believe I still remember what they were called, LOL! He died 18 yrs ago.

Anyway, there are times when there is no other explanation for it, but I get a whiff of those nasty cigars. I know that he's watching over me. This has happened when I'm in my car with the windows closed (no one is allowed to smoke in the cars, since Tybalt has such bad asthma). It's happened when I am at work. There's no logical explanation for why I can suddenly smell the cigars. No one else can smell them, either, when I ask. So I've gotten into the habit of saying "Hi Dad" when I smell it....

bikeman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One more - cat related.

Can't believe I forgot this story. We lost our dear Madge over the Labor Day weekend in 2004. She was one of those cats who loved going out and hiding in the back yard and eating tall grass. Not a real jungle, but a jungle for her, nonetheless.

5 days before that weekend she developed severe swelling above one side of her mouth, what we would soon find out to be a very bad abscessed tooth and infection throughout her skull. We took her in, they extracted the tooth, prescribed drugs, etc., etc., but following that 2 day hospital stay when she came home, she had nothing to do with downing drugs. She was getting weaker and weaker every day and hour. She knew she was dying. We didn't want to believe it, but I kinda knew she had just days left.

Didn't eat, we tried everything - I came here (forum) for the first time and read about a thousand posts while crying. Same thing most all of us do when we're clawing for every hope and miracle. Well, she did die at the vets (PTS) a few days later, but here's Madge's last miracle.

Right smack dab during the weakening vitals, the motionless hours of crouching where we would pet her gently and talk to her and tell her how much we loved her... she got up, and walked briskly towards the back door. Dumbfounded, I called Diana over to show her this (she had resigned herself to the fact Madge was dying then). She looked up with that "let me out now" look and let out a very muffled meow. Diana wanted to let her out thinking this was a good sign. I didn't want to, knowing that animals prefer to die alone under a bush or something, and I feared we'd lose track of her.

I lost the argument, but we also followed Madge outside. She walked timidly, but purposely out on her normal route, and looked very chipper and calm. Happy almost. She showed strength that could not have been possible, given her condition. She ate a few mouthfuls of grass, and saw a squirrel, which she unbelievably chased about 30 feet and almost caught. 10 minutes later, she resigned herself to go back in. She was exhausted. I carried her inside. She felt so very limp. No struggle.

That night she got much worse, and within 36 hours, we had lost her. 13 years old.

You gotta wonder how they get the gift of strength to do something like that following a week-long downward spiral. Last wish granted?