The outside crew

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We TNRd a lot of kitties this spring. Four of them are almost daily regulars, and as you all know from my other thread, we've made Baloo "officially" ours. Of course, it we had to move, all of these four would go with us.

Babygirl and Tabby are now brave enough to eat in our presence. Tabby is too funny. When I put the food down, she reaches out to tap my hand (no claws). I think she gets braver each time she does this and I tell her, "it's OK, you can touch me!"

Little Dot LOVES to be petted (and has the thickest, softest fur!). Sometimes she gets so into it, she'll just fall over on her side. This, of course, causes her to jump about three feet in the air, bolt, and then come back for more.

Pics of Baloo from this morning:

This isn't technically a shelter - yet. We'd just shoved stuff under the RV so they had dry spots to hang out when it rains. We decided to flip over the 1/2 barrel, and as it's chilly now, and put straw in it for a little insulation. Baloo loves napping there.

Kneading in the air:

Enjoying some pets:

Tabby, this morning (I think she's so cute!) :

Little Dot (you can see the source of her name LOL):

And Babygirl, lounging around this summer:

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They've got it made!!! How sweet and content they all look. The story about Little Dot just slays me, kiddo!

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are all so pretty
Do they know their names?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OHHHHHHH look at them!!!! Laurie, they are really adorable kitties. All of them. I really DO love Tabby's face. Just beautiful. And little Dot's dot is just so special. SO let's see....................

The Tremendous Twelve!!!!!!!!!

And look at Baloo in his "nest". How happy he is in his "nest". Babygirl looks a little like Wendall
. Loads of BEAR hugs to you for all you do for the kitties inside and out.....
They are all just Delightful little babies

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard a white spot on a black cat called an "angel's touch." Supposedly only purely black cats could be a witch's familiar, so whenever a black kitten was born, an angel would touch it, causing a white spot and preventing it from being used as a witch's cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RAFM

They are all so pretty
Do they know their names?
They do, but....

Baloo acknowledges his name and usually comes when called.

The others...

Baloo goes on "walkies" with us. After meals, Dot and Babygirl follow - but playing with each other. Run & chase - hide behind tall grass, pop out - all in the direction we're walking with Baloo. And Tabby would just follow from a distance and watch it all. But we'd always say "Hi Tabby! Come on!" Or we'd just stand somewhere petting Baloo - and then when Dot decided touching was OK, petting Dot too. And Tabby would sit about 6 - 10 feet away, just watching, looking very curious.

We say "Hi XXXXX!" any time we see them. The three ferals have been eating here almost daily for at least one meal since February/March (we give them wet food twice a day and they have dry food to free feed during the day), and we put out individual bowls for them. We didn't give them names until May? But began with the "Here Tabby, here's your foodies!"

Dot... choses to pay attention to us when she feels like it, which is rarely.

Tabby just recently chose to acknowledge us when we use her name.

Babygirl, interestingly, WAS the "tamest" of those three, meaning at the end of winter, she'd start eating as we put the bowl down. I don't know what changed, but Dot, who was the most skittish, became the first to let us touch her, and now she loves it - but she's still jumpy and skittish.

Babygirl is now the most reluctant, and waits until we walk away from the food dishes before she'll approach to eat.
But she knows her name, as when she's around and we say "hi Babygirl!" she'll turn and look at us.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I love when they start learning their names. It's really a special moment.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have heard a white spot on a black cat called an "angel's touch." Supposedly only purely black cats could be a witch's familiar, so whenever a black kitten was born, an angel would touch it, causing a white spot and preventing it from being used as a witch's cat.
Interesting. I'd not heard that before, but I love it! Our Little Dot has been touched by an angel.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is very interesting about the white dot, LOVE it!

Your outdoor crew are just so precious
You can tell how much you love them, they're such lucky kitties!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto3boys

.... You can tell how much you love them, they're such lucky kitties!

They sure are!! I love how they all seem "at home" and comfortable - love the pic of Baloo all settled in!!

They're adorable!! Love how Tabby taps your hand. Larry taps my ankle (claws in - just paws) after I pick it up off the floor to take to the counter to feed him. He follows closely, tapping every once in awhile. It's so funny!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

Larry taps my ankle (claws in - just paws) after I pick it up off the floor to take to the counter to feed him. He follows closely, tapping every once in awhile. It's so funny!
Aw, that's just too cute!

Originally Posted by morningrl

...one of my ferals, Hocus, Loves a back scratch until he turns to see me at the other end of the hand!!
Dot still does that too sometimes.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Interesting. I'd not heard that before, but I love it! Our Little Dot has been touched by an angel.
I had heard that also... but most black cats have at least a little white on them somewhere..even my Archie who has stray white hairs.

Laurie ... your outdoor crew is gorgeous!