The Other Kids

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have shared so much with ya'll I thought it would be fun to intro you to the other fur babies as well. Be prepared, I take far too many pictures of my animals.

Zoe:
IMG_2233.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2614.JPG
IMG_2402.JPG

Zoe is our goofball. She came into my life four years ago with my GF, and she is approx 7 years old. She is a Weimaraner and fixed so there will be no babies. :-) She is our special dog... She scares herself when she farts, loves belly scratches and will lick you to death if you will let her. She is not a dogs dog, but when taken to the dog park she will go from human to human getting her share of the attention and will come home with a special spring in her step. She can be timid at first, but when given the chance to get to know someone will become the best friend you ever had...especially if you have treats. She slept in the bed until recently, now she prefers the floor. I suspect it's because the other monster wants to lay on top of her, but will stay in bed if she moves off of it.

Loki:
IMG_2853.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG
IMG_2871.JPG
IMG_2986.JPG
IMG_2983.JPG
IMG_2985.JPG
Loki is our big boy and what he might lack in smarts he makes up for with enthusiasm. He is a Heinz 57 dog that resulted from a neighborhood dog getting to a coworkers pup when she was in heat (This is why we fix our babies folks!) Mom was at least mostly lab, and we speculate due to the markings that there is some Shepard in there as well. He was cuddled on laps a lot as a pup and now that he is 80lbs still think he is a lap dog. Loki is a total follower most of the time, but will not hesitate to cause trouble when given the chance. Loki was born on Father's day of 2016 and came to us on August 1st. Zoe was not super fond of him at first and would just ignore him and walk away when he tried to play. She soon defrosted and now they are thick as thieves. When he was fixed last year she moped around the house all day and didn't eat anything until we brought her brother back home. I think he keeps her young and she does her best to teach him how to be a good dog.

We have, for various reasons, decided not to have children so our pups and now Dany and her babies are our family. She has not met the pups yet, but after we rehome kittens we plan on doing an intro and I think they will get along great. When Loki was a pup we used to have play time in the front yard to socialize with the neighborhood kids and they would play together (P.S. That was one of the best ideas I have ever had.. they made this dog absurdly friendly.. he loves EVERYONE). I have been wondering if he will remember her from his puppyhood.

For those not in the know Dany was a pregnant stray that wondered in the house one afternoon and never left. She decided that this was now her house too, and she was having her babes here. As she picked my office it was a good room to keep her in and now the kittens are 11ish days old and fat little guys that are gaining and growing like weeds! I have seen her around the neighborhood for a while now and would put out some dog food to feed her when she would come up to say hi. She was always really friendly, so before adopting her we asked around the neighborhood. No one seemed to know where she actually came from and everyone commented that they would feed her on occasion and that she was super friendly. Link to her thread here.

Pregnant Stray Decided She Lives Here Now.

There are plenty of kitten photos there, and I don't want to overwhelm one post with ALL OF THE PICTURES. Sorry.. Got off topic there. So.. those are the furbabies!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all the fur babies !!! I wonder even if Loki and Dany do not remember one another exactly there may be a 'feeling ' they have when they meet one another again... aww can't wait the introductions !! :hyper:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know! I am super excited to finally intro them.. but making myself be patient because I know she is in mama protective mode right now. I would eventually like them to be able to just be in the house together.. I have been approached about fostering another pregnant kitty.. and decided to hold off until we have rehomed kittens. I want to help.. but I have to be able to actually work in my office too! If that doesn't happen we will all be awfully hungry!