The Only Good Thing About These Sad, Sad Posts......

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
The only good thing about reading these sad, heartbreaking posts of little furry ones who have passed and moved on to the next life is it makes me think about my cats and I usually in my mind say "where's my Sylvester, where's my little Boo Boo?" and I go and either pick him up or pet him or we play string toys. And I also pay all of the others mind too, so there at least is some good side to it.

But it is so so sad, and some of the stories lately are so heart wrenching, but they are all fine now, just fine, all playing and eating and sleeping at the Bridge, patiently waiting for one day to see us, all of mine who have gone, and Lucy and Artie and Burt and Mickey and all of the other ones that I read about on here, ones that still pain their owners hearts, but who are all just fine now.

:rbheart: :grouphug: :hugs: :angel:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just know that The Bridge is a place full of love, freedom, Zoomies, tall trees, DaBirds, tuna, mice, push purr blankies, and there is a mirror TCS web site there that is devoid of any Articles regarding 'How To Introduce Cats to Each Other'. They don't need that section of TCS at all.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just know that The Bridge is a place full of love, freedom, Zoomies, tall trees, DaBirds, tuna, mice, push purr blankies, and there is a mirror TCS web site there that is devoid of any Articles regarding 'How To Introduce Cats to Each Other'. They don't need that section of TCS at all.
Yes. These stories do make me hug the girls just a little tighter.

Oh my. If they have a mirror TCS site there, can you imagine what their photo forum is like?

"Post pics of your human mid-sneeze"
"Post pics of your human sleeping"
or help us all... on the toilet.. :eek2: :thud:

We'd deserve it if they did. Look at all the pics we post of them here. :camera:

I'd like to think that they somehow find each other and know that they are from the same community. That they welcome each other and help each other get settled in. :rbheart::rbheart::rbheart::rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Rainbow Bridge section is one of my favourite ones.
Don't take me wrong, I'm not happy to read those sad stories, I do not rejoice in others' grief.
I just want to take a little part of their pain to ease their burden, and I just want to suffer a bit along with them, to feel some pain in my heart.
I don't know why I like to self-inflict some pain, but since I lost my sweet Lola it seems that I don't want to be happy again, and I'm feeding on suffering to make sure I can cry everyday.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, it helps to heal my own soul by comforting others and understanding what they are going through. We all need a little understanding and to be able to hopefully share our burden of sadness with others who are willing to care.
I went through not wanting to ever be happy again too, wanted to horde all the pain and suffering to myself, be miserable with self inflicted pain. But I finally understood what true love is. It never wants to inflict pain and tears, it always wants happiness and joy to be in the hearts of those we love. Because that is what love is. Not pain, but the joy of being alive, alive to remember our precious ones and keeping them alive too with our memories. Not one of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. Remember how much our little ones fought to stay alive, how much they enjoyed life. We never wanted them to die, but to only live with as much happiness in those lives as possible. And they want the exact same thing for us. We can dwell on the sadness of death, or celebrate the life, the love we shared. That life, that love, is ever so much more important. We may have lost the battle, but we are winning the war, because knowing a love like that definitely worth it.
May God bless each and every lost soul who is suffering the pain of loss at this moment. May He take on their burden, for He is strong, and let them live, and love again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I weep when I come here, but I need to do it. I also smile a bit. And the words that I say over and over are the deepest Truths I know. They are both "at the Bridge" and, miraculously, "by our sides" always. This is the power of Love. Not love, but Love.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it makes me wish to have my soul free for awhile and visit loved ones but I am less sad I got signs. It still sucks that I don't have the ability to see my cats I love but if I try to be positive I can feel like one is near

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
( les26 les26 - I'm having a difficult day today, and just wanted to thank you for this thread -- I remembered you posting it and so I purposely looked for it again, and it's helped ease my heart a bit today.:( Thank you.)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but reading through the previous posts here, I FINALLY figured out what your name pushpurrcatpaws is referring to, which is really charming :greenpaw::bluepaw:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
( les26 les26 - I'm having a difficult day today, and just wanted to thank you for this thread -- I remembered you posting it and so I purposely looked for it again, and it's helped ease my heart a bit today.:( Thank you.)
I am so sorry that it is hitting you so hard today but it can, it'll come and go no matter how much time goes by. But I am glad that this thread gives you some comfort, I pray that you feel better soon, your little friend is still with you in spirit.

God Bless.......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that it is hitting you so hard today but it can, it'll come and go no matter how much time goes by. But I am glad that this thread gives you some comfort, I pray that you feel better soon, your little friend is still with you in spirit.

God Bless.......
:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you les26, but you misunderstood me :grouphug2: :redheartpump:
I have not lost my current kitty, I am just following along with the repercussions you described in your original post, of so many around us here at TCS losing their babies, so much loss. That is what I meant. It is somehow very devastating to me today, so many losing their dear cats, and I appreciated your OP about how it makes us or me feel, to go to our living kitty and give them extra love and scritches, through the tears in my heart for others.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you les26, but you misunderstood me :grouphug2: :redheartpump:
I have not lost my current kitty, I am just following along with the repercussions you described in your original post, of so many around us here at TCS losing their babies, so much loss. That is what I meant. It is somehow very devastating to me today, so many losing their dear cats, and I appreciated your OP about how it makes us or me feel, to go to our living kitty and give them extra love and scritches, through the tears in my heart for others.
Oh okay, got it!