The "Oh my gosh" moment

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My biggest "Oh my gosh" moment was when my late husband had his first major stroke, and I came home from the hospital in tears, fearing that he wouldn't make it. Realize that I had no relatives within hundreds of miles, so I faced the problems alone - with my cats. I sat down on the sofa crying and Red Cat came up, cuddled close, kept putting his paws up to my face, and purred, purred, purred. He was the biggest comfort one can imagine, even more so than had I had a relative there!

The second "Oh my gosh" moment was the first time Red Cat rescued me from my nightmare (an intruder approaching me) when I screamed for help. He lay on my chest, nuzzled my neck and purred, purred, purred. He has done this several times now.

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Oh journey, I am so touched by your post. I have been following your struggles and am so proud of your commitment to take care of Callie whether that is with you or finding her a loving home. I wish the both of you well.

thank you.....that really meant a lot to me.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These stories are too sweet
. Some actually gave me the sniffles

My first "oh my gosh" with Eponine moment was the first time she kneaded my arm and burrowed her face into the crook of my elbow....I think it was about 2-3 months after I brought her home. She was always such a shy, timid cat, but I knew then and there that she at least trusted me
Earning her trust was an awesome feeling.

My first "oh my gosh" moment with Cosette came within a week of bringing her home. She slept in the bathroom vanity for the first week she was home, so that I'd have time to introduce her to Eppie properly. After a week, though, it was time to let her sleep outside of the vanity. I was curious to see where she'd choose to sleep for her first night of "freedom." I was overjoyed when she chose my pillow, wrapping herself around my ears

Love those girls!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are many "oh my gosh" moments, and I'll likely come back with more as I'm reminded of them, but the latest was only a little while ago, when Cindy meandered downstairs and over to my chair, looking longingly up. I scooped her up and we had a lovely cuddle session, during which (here it comes) at one point she was sitting on my lap, her back to me, and lifted herself up and back and leaned her head up to give me a nose kiss. Our eyes met. WOW.