The Official "Waiting For The Ring" Thread!!

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beccory

My biggest point of confusion in our ring problem is that I hate diamonds and I hate gold. The ring I really want is $30- irish marble and sterling silver. We've discussed me proposing and he wants to do it, but he just... doesn't do it...
that describes alex perfectly. WANTS to "but he just... doesn't do it.."
I sometimes feel like tell him to get stuffed and buying myself a gorgeous diamond.

In fact, I think I might.

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

(Getting slightly less) Clueless Boyfriend: Patrick
Job: Full time student and part time at a newspaper as a researcher
Hobbies: Anything outside, he loves playing soccer, loves reading comic books
Animals: One hansome kitty, Mick
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: Hmm...we've talked about it for years, but I've really been waiting for last half a year or so.

Previous gifts: He's a great gift-giver! I have a beautiful promise ring (like an eternity ring, white gold with diamonds set half way around the band), an Eternity circle diamond necklace, lots of pretty bracelets, and many many more little gifts that just brighten my day (like books he knows I want, stuffed aninmals on the smaller holidays, etc).

And this morning he mentioned to me that when we go into our hometown this week to visit parents, he wants to take me to look at rings!
He totally blew me out of the water by telling me the past few times hes gone on short trips back home without me, that he has been looking at rings and has some he wants to show me to see which style I like better. I am just ecstatic!!
ohhhh i envy you.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
My s/o Tristan
Job: High voltage technician/I.T
Hobbies: computer/xbox games, stalking me with his camera, reading
Animals: kitties - timmy and cleo (our baby), rahni and belladonna (puppies), noodles the guinea pig and lots of ducks and chooks
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: a few months
Previous Gifts from clueless boyfriend: sterling silver locket, amethyst heart pendant, mp3 player, cute stuffed animals and lots of flowers

I bought myself a $15us sterling silver claddagh ring to remind me and show others that i was in a long term relationship. i wear it every day and freak out if i think i've lost it. the last few months ive talked about the whole engagement thing with Tristan (we went through a really big rough patch mainly on my part that we're getting out of) and i was always worried about discussing that and kids and moving out, because he is a young guy who well, most young guys ive met are completely immature and dont want to think about settling down.

I was getting so desperate to be engaged that i asked him if i could tell people at work that i was even though im not, and say the claddagh ring was from him lol...just to see how it sounded (though i didnt end up doing it). I've known for a while he was planning on getting me a new camera for my b'day next month and though i desperately want it, ive been begging him to not get it because id prefer something else *hint*. But because i dont want to push him, i didnt say why *hides*

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Job: going to school and working part time at a handyman company
Hobbies: reading and video games
Animals: Lucky is his and my kitties hunny bun , fuzzy, and pinky
Status: boyfriend ( asked if I would marry him but there is no ring so it doesnt count to me)
Length of time we have been together: 3 yrs and 2 months
How long I have been waiting for a ring: Umm technically about 6.5 months
marriage has been discussed before

Gifts I have gotten: Valentines day a coffee cup and two necklaces; birthday: a necklace and pizza, christmas this year... a hello kitty bunch of small appliances ( same last christmas)

Funny thing is I know there is a ring because this goofus told me. Then said that he didnt think I would like it. I know he bought one around Christmas. He doesnt want to propose until he gets through school. Why the heckll would he buy a ring and hold onto it????

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Clueless Boyfriend Profile

Name:Lee
Education: Technical degree in machinery
Pets: Phenom, Phantom, his dog Bandit
Hobbies:Anything Racing
Years waiting for ring: 3.5

He is good at gift giving but in the 3 years we have been together the only jewelry i get from him is the occasional belly button ring. His excuse? I don't wear jewelry (if he gave it to me I would wear it. everyday.)
Yeah. I am still waiting. But it looks like i will be waiting a long time. Feb. 26 will be 4 years for us. The only thing that has changed is that now Lee is unemployed. Hence the idea that i will be waiting a lot longer.....

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My man: Mike
Job: Selling cell phones
Hobbies: Watching TV, playing Wii and Playstation 2
Animals: Our 2 kitties (Zebra and Milo). The other 3 animals in this house aren't ours
Length of Time you've been waiting for a ring: couple years

Previous Gifts from clueless boyfriend: Necklace, 2 rings, clothes, flowers, a parafin bath, blanket, homemade cd full of romantic songs with song 1 being our song. I honestly can't think of anymore, we have been together so long that its hard to remember all the little things he gave me.