The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, only one more day of the babble-a-thon.  I won't be able to help out the rest of the day but maybe tomorrow--I'm going to be celebrating my birthday today!!   I'm going to work two hours this morning and then will be off work until Monday.  This afternoon hubby and I are going to a nice hotel for massages and dinner, and then breakfast and shopping tomorrow morning.  We're not even leaving town but will be staying at a wonderful hotel on Cannery Row, just downtown from us.   Tomorrow night is dinner out with friends; Sat. night another couple is joining us for dinner here at the house; Sunday I'll meet with my mom and sister for birthday breakfast--my mom's birthday is two days before mine so we usually celebrate together.

Happy babbling!  :)
Oooh, that sounds wonderful birthday, you know how to party birthdays and how lucky that your birthday is so close to your mother's birthday, that means just a bigger party of course :)

@PennyWise, it is evening here, soon to bed, cursed time differences :D

Let's see if it is now morning, which is even, then it must be evening as it is morning, but if there is still two days then tomorrow morning that is evening means that there is still one day to go, so we might get quite close to thousand, but just to be sure better make more posts :D

Hmm, I did ate pizza, but I'm thinking that I could still bite something salty, sadly there is not much of small, just everything is quite big. Perhaps I save bit of hunger for tomorrow then.

Again need to feed cats and probably need to clean their litter boxes too, they have been busy during to day i think.

Oh, that reminds me, I attempted to carry smallest one to downstairs, half way down the stairs she got panic and scratched me while jumping down from shoulder height, but I just walked to downstairs door and scratched that door, there she runs making noise at the same time as she is so excited to get into new place that she has visited last summer quite often, but it was now a new place for her as she had forgotten most of it already.

She got track of mouse, but there was none to be found. I could try to carry her to other building where I have this one evading mouse, but she might panic again at middle of the yard and then she would be impossible to catch, she is not outdoor cat at all. To be honest, I'm not attempting very hard to catch that mouse, my outdoor cats are probably catching it sooner or later from yard.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow, only one more day of the babble-a-thon.  I won't be able to help out the rest of the day but maybe tomorrow--I'm going to be celebrating my birthday today!!   I'm going to work two hours this morning and then will be off work until Monday.  This afternoon hubby and I are going to a nice hotel for massages and dinner, and then breakfast and shopping tomorrow morning.  We're not even leaving town but will be staying at a wonderful hotel on Cannery Row, just downtown from us.   Tomorrow night is dinner out with friends; Sat. night another couple is joining us for dinner here at the house; Sunday I'll meet with my mom and sister for birthday breakfast--my mom's birthday is two days before mine so we usually celebrate together.

Happy babbling!  
Well HAPPY Birthday @betsygee  !

We shall celebrate in your honour.  I think people should get the entire day off from work, but you gotta pay the bills, and it may be just a fun day anyway....if you make any mistakes....just say "its my birthday....lol.."

We'll try to get @MoochNNoodles....to draw us another MAP to explain how your day, and weekend is planned.

She is amazing at drawing maps, but she may be too tired from recuperating from her cats parties.

Say Happy Birthday to your mom as well!  It's nice to celebrate together.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Happy babbling!  

Have a great day @betsygee.

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, @MServant  , I don't think MoochNNoodles knows about the REQUEST for another map, and this one does not have to be about directions to a party.  She could very well just explain, where betsygee will be and the various locations.

I think she may not be able to provide THIS MAP because you know how paparazzi are?

Any new Mouse tales for today??

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stumbled upon this, kind of cute :)
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Oh yes, we certainly do need a new map, last one was so good :D

My childhood was not luckily all bad, when I was visiting mother as a kid and when I had a birthday, she made wonderful chocolate covered cake with strawberries and such inside, it was really great :)

the1who feedsus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 205464
this is Chicken.. little babyfaced Chicken. hes about 3 yrs old in this pic..and the only kitty weve ever had that we knew teh exact birthday. (july 15th lol)

i was looking for a pic of Opal sleeping in a Mcdonalds bag and came across this. 

im going to find more but post them smaller lol..

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   I never thought about the paparazzi....   just as well I wasn't going to make it along I guess.

That musical cat is pretty amazing @JTbo.  It plays violin way better than  my brother used to when he tried to learn - that was a horrible bit of my childhood. 
     Chicken looks like the kind of cat that would try to play violin going by the photo - an in your face kind of kitty. 
  Loving that name BTW!

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a day it's been today in Cleveland. White out conditions coming & going with high winds. Saw a "snow tornado" right near our back door this morning! Then after I got back from dropping my son at school, I hear water running in my bathroom, going all over the floor from a new crack in the back of the toilet tank! EEEEK!! Called Maintenance & now I'm waiting for a new toilet to be installed. Always something....I must be overdue for a calamity! :(

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, we certainly do need a new map, last one was so good

My childhood was not luckily all bad, when I was visiting mother as a kid and when I had a birthday, she made wonderful chocolate covered cake with strawberries and such inside, it was really great
Yes, @JTbo,  Life is definetly difficult at times, but then it has its great moments, too.  From myself getting older, I do not think anyone I have ever met had a smooth life.  They just cope with it all differently.  I read a quote in a book once, I shall try to find it later:  It said that "people are just trying to survive with their own pain and struggles, they are just trying to live as best they can." I liked this quote, because it reminded me that everyone has something to cope with,  and it is great when they find strength to deal with things.  I will have to look for who wrote it. 
....Earlier this morning I attempted to get Panther to hunt mice that has been running here, but as this room is outside of his normal area he did not found tracks of mouse, just wanted to go outside to his normal territory, he is the most tolerant of them all, so now I need to figure out how to make this for their safe area quite quickly for them to catch the mouse. Usually it takes days, maybe more than a week of hard work to get them consider area as safe area where they can spend time freely and it is usually impossible to carry a cat to new area.

I need to somehow trigger their interest so that they want to go this new area as then it is ok to even carry them or lift them to place they have desire to explore.

This is bit similar to marketing, where they make needs for stuff no one really don't need, but they are really good at creating those needs, with cats I have found marketing being the best approach, but I did try treats already which did not worked, there are too many doors so it is too scary place to go directly there. perhaps I need to wedge doors open and use a string for them to hunt and follow to new place, that would be quite strong desire for them to conquer fright of the new area.

Cats are great in how one really can't order them, one can only guide them by gently altering their desires and frights with focus of attention and sounds + touches causing different mood states. Trick there is to learn how cat feels from different things and this can vary from cat to cat, they do react differently to belly rubs, chin rubs etc. also, so they have different things that are most interesting for them, also some are more scared of new than others as well as their desire driving over frights has different strengths, for some desire only barely overcomes afraid of new if at all as it depends also from how tired and comfortable cat is at the beginning, amount of light has also lot to do with it, being nocturnal, brightly lit area is more scary than shadows, let there be a dark tunnel and it is almost impossible to keep cat away from it, despite being new area

So I probably need a tunnel then, dark one preferrably
These observations of cats are very interesting, because I often wonder why my cats hate to be placed in a room, but then come back 10 minutes later and look about.  Or why they hide out in dark places, but the senior guy loves to sleep in sunshine for awhile.

As for that evasive mouse,  yes his days should be numbered now, since he had food outside, but chose the easy "fast food" for him.
 (that being people or cat food) 

I always wondered why mice actually even enter a house that has a cat?  Do they not smell the cat?  Are they just trying to get caught?  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by betsygee  

I'm going to work two hours this morning and then will be off work until Monday.  This afternoon hubby and I are going to a nice hotel for massages and dinner,
Now that's how I'd like to celebrate!  Happy birthday to you and your Mom!

So @MoochNNoodles, have you got to work on that world-wide directions to betsygee's house yet? 
   I don't think I'll be able to make it again, what with time zones, work and not having a current passport but it's always good to see where everyone's going to travel to and how many mountains and stuff they have to walk around. 

I have not; but I will see if the day gives me time.  I'm currently having a bit of trouble thinking because I'm dealing with one of the completely un-fun side of parenting small children.  A tantrum.  We have a rule that unless you speak nicely I can't "hear" you.  It's just been a one thing has lead to another sort of last 15 minutes.   Maybe longer.  DD fought going to bed last night so she is over tired today.  I know that's behind it; but I can't accept the behavior.  Now I'm torn between do I let her nap today (I let her sleep in an hour!) or do we plod through and have an easy bedtime tonight.  It's not even snack time yet; let alone lunch.

If this keeps up I'm going to need a glass of wine with dinner.
  And earplugs to get me to there.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a day it's been today in Cleveland. White out conditions coming & going with high winds. Saw a "snow tornado" right near our back door this morning! Then after I got back from dropping my son at school, I hear water running in my bathroom, going all over the floor from a new crack in the back of the toilet tank! EEEEK!! Called Maintenance & now I'm waiting for a new toilet to be installed. Always something....I must be overdue for a calamity!
@ ChristineMarie    What the heck is a "Snow Tornado"???   I never heard of that.  Its a tornado made of snow??  How do you protect yourself from that one?   I saw the movie "Twister", but never heard of it.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A snow tornado is like a dustdevil made out of snow! They start whirling around on an open lawn & spin up in the air, mimicking a tornado, only smaller... It happens here during strong blizzard wind conditions.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cutie Chicken is and truly enough eyes are quite up to name too, that is how my Mouku has his eyes most of the time, he too is scared of everything. In my avatar pic he has abnormal small eyes, but he has learned a bit during the years and sometimes get into mode where everything is nice and everything need to be rubbed with cheek, then his eyes are bit more normal.

There is Panther too that has also large eyes quite often, but he is not much afraid of anything.

This was right after he was rescued and brought in:

Here he had already settled in and conquered the makeshift cardboard castle:

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A snow tornado is like a dustdevil made out of snow! They start whirling around on an open lawn & spin up in the air, mimicking a tornado, only smaller... It happens here during strong blizzard wind conditions.
Ah you posted while I was typing!  I have seen those before.  Usually small ones though.  I want to be done with snow.  I've said that enough this year.

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Came home to a nice surprise today,

I have been thinking of rescuing a dog so I have all these dog supplies at my house. They have been there for over a week. Today I walked in and there were dog treats everywhere, because Bear ripped open all the bags and spread them around the house. He didn't eat any just made a big mess.

I can always tell what cat is responsible to, parental instinct I guess....

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL.....Is there a BRIDGE across the ocean in your map??  Or is that some type of super ferry boat.?..LOL

I love "the road less travelled".....and the "yellow brick road"  is a short cut.

You will have to start writing children's books, if you have the time between tantrums.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always wondered why mice actually even enter a house that has a cat?  Do they not smell the cat?  Are they just trying to get caught?  
Maybe they have a desire to end their days for what ever the reason? :lol3:

It could of course be also that they are bit over confident about their abilities to hide or that no mouse has escaped from the cat and managed to pass information of that encounter to later generations.

Of course mouse has quite small brain, maybe they just are not smart enough, like a mosquito that keeps coming no matter how many times they almost get killed.

So many unknowns in this world, so much to learn :)

I have seen those swirling snow things few times, I guess those are now bit less as I made large fence so that wind can't blow as easily between buildings and gap in the forest, like those winds used to blow before.

It was quite small path where the wind came into yard, but as fence is there it takes most of the wind out and it is much nicer now. Fence for the wind did require some researching, I found out that trick is to let some wind go trough the fence, that way wind mostly goes over the fence without landing right back as there is small amount of wind between ground and fence top, solid fence would of been less effective. It still needs a paint, but maybe when weather warms up.

Wonderful map, that Road Less Traveled seems much nicer route, one gets to see the great forests too with that route! :D

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Well, we are not far off 1000 posts now. We need just over 100 posts now before midnight tomorrow to do it.
:woohoo:

Who made post 750 to win the prize ??? :dk:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Came home to a nice surprise today,

I have been thinking of rescuing a dog so I have all these dog supplies at my house. They have been there for over a week. Today I walked in and there were dog treats everywhere, because Bear ripped open all the bags and spread them around the house. He didn't eat any just made a big mess.

I can always tell what cat is responsible to, parental instinct I guess....
Lol...does that mean that Bear wants you to get that dog??  He is spreading messages all over the house so you cannot possibly miss them.  What a cool cat.