The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No kidding- worst snow & cold I can remember since came to Cleveland in '85. Temps broke over freezing this afternoon, however. Went for a walk just now & snapped a couple pix. Those icicles look like hanging swords, don't they? And then we met this friendly orange tabby sunning himself in his driveway. He was quite happy to accept my son's lavish petting... :D

Last edited:

chellma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw that on my local TV.  So great to see something good happening to a cat.  Sure hope Frosty gets a good loving forever home.  

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you who live in colder climates--

Would you rather not have snow

OR

Would you rather have the snow and put up with the cold, shoveling, etc.?

Just curious as I've lived in southern CA all my life.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

OR

Is there a third option??   Okay, now that I am older, I do not like the slushy, ice that can be left over after partial melting then freezing.  But I still like the snow, I think it is pretty, good for the soil, and so Yes....I choose the second option.

ps. did eveyone here vote in the poll for the name of the new forum, yet?

pps. @Raintyger...would you ever like to live somewhere else?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll put up with the snow IF it is enough for my office to Close! We closed Thursday; some areas got a foot of snow.
I'd rather put up with snow than ice any day.
I lived in Tampa for almost two years, and did miss the change of seasons.
Ritz is pretty quiet except at meal times, and then she is quite the talker. I tend to talk to her a fair amount; I wonder if she minds?

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

OR

Make it go away!!!!! I would be happy to NEVER see snow again,especially after this winter. I have a 45 minute drive to work every day....snow just makes it SO much longer

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, you broke the rules! This post will still be counted in the thread, but it can't win you a prize.

1. Minimum of 15 words per post.

Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

True that! Poor little thing will have a chance at life now. My son found a kitten on the road last year during a snow storm. He thought was a old rag laying there-and he took it to the vet,got it all taken care of . It was a LONG haul to get the little guy healthy,but he is full of energy now! Thankfully,or vet has a foundation set up for free care for these kinds of circumstances
Wow, a vet with a foundation fund to give free care like that is amazing.  How many people are lucky enough to have that around where they live that they can rescue and have a cat cared for without having to pay out themselves?!  I mean I know my vets work for cat rescue and stuff but I don't know if they charge them.  I like to think if I called up with an emergency for a rescue cat they would provide care but I don't know!  Gee, imagine if it was your son that had found little Frosty and got all that media coverage. 

Winter here has been grey and damp, not that cold and I haven't had the flooding that some areas of the UK have, but there just doesn't seem to have been any sunshine or even blue sky!  Maybe a couple of half days with clear skies since around October.  I don't get that seasonal affective disorder but oh boy I can understand it this year.  

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Ritz is pretty quiet except at meal times, and then she is quite the talker. I tend to talk to her a fair amount; I wonder if she minds?
You will know if she minds, if you start talking about your work day and she bolts out of the room.  My one cat would do that when I would start a conversation with my sister, and that certain topic came up.  However, if your cat enjoys the topic, I am sure she will let you know. ...lol...

I'm not complaining !
Winter can be cancelled here in England every year. That would suit me fine I hate the cold
Winter....cancelled....in England??....  Bah HUMBUG!  (I don't know what that means, but I saw it in Scrooge.)

That would be like David Beckham moving to California....oh...wait....that happened already.

I have to say I hate the cold too, but on the plus side, it does kill off all those bugs and slugs that MServant dreams about at night, and that our southern American friends have huge, huge specimens of.

wildhoneybee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think winter has been cancelled here as well.  I got winter tyres for my car and everything (in case I wanted to go to Germany over the winter) and it hasn't snowed once!  I've only had to scrape my car a handful of mornings on my way to work as well.

stevernie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Wow, a vet with a foundation fund to give free care like that is amazing.  How many people are lucky enough to have that around where they live that they can rescue and have a cat cared for without having to pay out themselves?!  I mean I know my vets work for cat rescue and stuff but I don't know if they charge them.  I like to think if I called up with an emergency for a rescue cat they would provide care but I don't know!  Gee, imagine if it was your son that had found little Frosty and got all that media coverage. 

Winter here has been grey and damp, not that cold and I haven't had the flooding that some areas of the UK have, but there just doesn't seem to have been any sunshine or even blue sky!  Maybe a couple of half days with clear skies since around October.  I don't get that seasonal affective disorder but oh boy I can understand it this year.  
HA! My son would have died before he ever got in front of a camera. He's my hero though for doing that. We are VERY lucky to have a vet with a fund like that set up. She is amazing,I just love her. She even has a brick wall behind the clinic with the pets names on the bricks -the ones who have crossed over. Its sweet to have that little memorial wall.I never knew til she showed me one day-my little dog's name was on it. Never charged me a thing to do it-she just has it done. Oh yes...grey skies. Dig this-I woke up to snow thunder and lightning,and 8 inches of drifting snow I had to drive to work in-then this after noon its 45 and all melting. Yikes!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
That is amazing that your vet has a foundation to supply free care for emergencies of animals found on road.  I wish this was universal, for all injured animals.  I know we have a wildlife refuge center but I do not know which vets take in emergencies like this.   I gotta check it out, just to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MServant  

Okay, half days of sun are still good, but since October???   Yes, I would be crying in the rain.

I can take the cold, as long as the sun is out,  
 but if its not then it feels like the never ending dark days of winter.   But if the cloudy days are atleast BRIGHTLY cloudy, then maybe okay.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, you broke the rules! This post will still be counted in the thread, but it can't win you a prize.

1. Minimum of 15 words per post.

Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

chellma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That foundation is great.   There is nothing like that here.  The Emergency Vet will take wild animals,  but us cat lovers are on our own.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

You will know if she minds, if you start talking about your work day and she bolts out of the room.  My one cat would do that when I would start a conversation with my sister, and that certain topic came up.  However, if your cat enjoys the topic, I am sure she will let you know. ...lol...

Winter....cancelled....in England??....  Bah HUMBUG!  (I don't know what that means, but I saw it in Scrooge.)

That would be like David Beckham moving to California....oh...wait....that happened already.

I have to say I hate the cold too, but on the plus side, it does kill off all those bugs and slugs that MServant dreams about at night, and that our southern American friends have huge, huge specimens of.
 Bah humbug, just means kind of like what it sounds, and the grumpy facial expression that has to go with it! 
  Commonly used at Christmas but suitable for all year round indication of grumpiness in my opinion.  And I can be pretty grumpy. 
   Mouse could tell you all about that, and it would usually have been when talking about my old work, and he would make sure I knew how much patience he had left to support me.... 
  Erm, thanks @cat nap, I needed that 3rd night in a row bed time reminder of large bugs and slugs to drift off in to my sweet dreams. 

HA! My son would have died before he ever got in front of a camera. He's my hero though for doing that. We are VERY lucky to have a vet with a fund like that set up. She is amazing,I just love her. She even has a brick wall behind the clinic with the pets names on the bricks -the ones who have crossed over. Its sweet to have that little memorial wall.I never knew til she showed me one day-my little dog's name was on it. Never charged me a thing to do it-she just has it done. Oh yes...grey skies. Dig this-I woke up to snow thunder and lightning,and 8 inches of drifting snow I had to drive to work in-then this after noon its 45 and all melting. Yikes!
  Your vet sounds so lovely. What a beautiful way to cope with having such a connection with all the aninals she has treated and will treat in future.  You can keep that storm though, that does not sound lovely.  

pixiecat98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the other day I got home after a long day out, and my cat starts rubbing on me and purring. This is actually quite usual, she's a sweetie! Anyways, I go change into more relaxing clothes, and she suddenly leaps off of my desk and on to my bed. Immidiately I look up, and lo and behold, she's chomped on my wheat grass again! I have an auquaponics fish tank with wheat grass growing, or it was growing until Pixie ate them!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Chellma  

That foundation is great.   There is nothing like that here.  The Emergency Vet will take wild animals,  but us cat lovers are on our own.
@chellma....does the Emergency Vet make you pay for the  wild animal you bring in, be it a bird or squirrel or something?  Here the Emergency Vets make you put down a huge down payment before treatment is given to your own cat or dog, but I never called in for a sick seagull or lost pigeon.  I brought a pigeon in to my close by vet, because he had a tag on his foot and the secretary did not know who to call and since I had outdoor cats at the time, I did not want "lost guy charlie....the pidgeon" to be hurt by them.   So I ended up giving him to one of the neighbours who had a whole group of pidgeons.  He told me that that particular pidgeon was not from his group, but that he raced them or something, so he knew what to do.  Atleast, he knew who to call, I guess.

The Rules

1. Minimum of 15 words per post.

2. Proper English.

Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts.

Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only.

Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

Okay,  I know I have broken this rule, and I am just waiting for that "scaredy cat" that nearly gave me a fright the first time I saw it.   So please go easy.  I do not know why these rules are so easy to break.

However, I am still  waiting for the "rules to the purple ball game" to be explained, unless it is like rugby or cricket, than nevermind....I would not understand it anyway.

I am also waiting on those "famous Mouse tales" which others have spoken about but I have only heard of maybe two....so now I am thinking they are an elaborate ruse to get us newbies to stick around till the end.....yes this is directed at all you veterans....LOL

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

OR

I would rather have the snow.  I remember one winter a bunch of years ago where it didn't snow at all.  Not once.  I hated it.

But I agree with Ritz.  It should snow enough to close the office.  I hate driving in the snow.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL....so another cat that just does not like to listen to what I like to call "office politics"....I thought it was that my cat just found my sister's talk of work  too "boring".....but he would go look for her after the conversation was over,  and just calm her down by just following her and laying near....cats are amazing like that.  I'm sure Mouse just had to use the facilities or grab a snack, so he could re-energize and come back to comfort you.    On the other hand, they could have been telling us all along "to change the subject".

Ohhh....lol....the "slug-bug" reminder....not a problem......Did you have that childhood saying at night time, "Sweet Dreams and don't let the bed bugs bite"  WHAT!!!!???? what kind of send off is that?....lol....

It seemed all cute when we were younger....but still.