The OFFICIAL dating thread!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Gah!
Beer+Guy you want to be more than friends with=disaster!
So we went out tonight and drank too much and then on our way home we started talking and I mentioned regretting stuff and not doing what I wanted to be doing.....he took my hand and asked me to tell him about it and so we got into this big discussion about US dating and he again said he's not ready to commit because of issues he has, and I said that chalks it up as he's not interested in ME, like there's something wrong with me, and he swore up and down it's not me, (yeah, I know "it's not you, it's me", blah blah) and after talking about it I got this insane idea to kiss him and see what he did and so I said "I have an experiment" (um, duh...) and he said ok, so I kissed him and he tried to resist at first but then he just went with it and we kissed for a minute and I said if you felt absolutely nothing from that, then I'll drop the whole issue. He said he didn't feel nothing from it and he was smiling so I don't think it was a total disaster and we made plans after that to see each other tomorrow so we'll see what happens. We had sobered up before the ride home so it's not like he'll forget what we talked about. But, as usual, I am debating whether I did the right thing. I don't want to force him to be with me if he doesn't want to, but if it's truly not me and he has issues with commitment, which I think stem from his breakup two years ago, then that's something we could resolve.....right?
the guy is like my soul mate, if I can't be with him, who can I be with, and when?
oooOo good luck!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, bringing back the dating thread!
Last night I went on a blind date with a guy I met online....yeah a little scary, I know. But, he lives like 10 blocks from my house and we met at a bar close by and I was so apprehensive but the minute we saw each other there were sparks.
I was actually not looking forward to the date, thinking it was going to be a bomb, and I have a cold so my voice is really Fran Dresher right now. But we laughed and talked for hours and we had a lot of fun!! What's everyone else doing???

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Last night I went on a blind date with a guy I met online....yeah a little scary, I know. But, he lives like 10 blocks from my house and we met at a bar close by and I was so apprehensive but the minute we saw each other there were sparks.
I was actually not looking forward to the date, thinking it was going to be a bomb, and I have a cold so my voice is really Fran Dresher right now. But we laughed and talked for hours and we had a lot of fun!! What's everyone else doing???
That's great Shannon! I'm glad you had a great date... I'm not doing anything in the dating department, completely by choice though, just have a friend for neccesities

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

That's great Shannon! I'm glad you had a great date... I'm not doing anything in the dating department, completely by choice though, just have a friend for neccesities
Sometimes it seems like it would be so much simpler that way!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually quite like this one guy I am seeing. He is so cute and nice.

This week I have been on 2 double dates and have 2 more lined up for next week!

Both were disasters but still really funny.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like everyone is having fun!

Shannon, what happened to the friend with committment issues? Yes, I am very nosy!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the

Sounds like fun!!

Are you gonna see him again?

On my end, nothing going on. Just a lot of daydreaming, hoping and so on.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Are you gonna see him again?
Well, I thought I was, but he hasn't called since Friday....
I emailed him twice throughout the weekend and sent him one text but he hasn't responded. In a way I'm surprised because he seemed so interested in me, but at the same time, I'm used to this kind of behavior so it doesn't really surprise me. I'll leave the ball in his court now, I'm not gonna beg! And there are plenty of guys emailing me from online so if he doesn't call, it's his loss!
Originally Posted by pushylady

Shannon, what happened to the friend with committment issues? Yes, I am very nosy!
That's ok, I'm more than happy to share. I realized last week that nothing was going to come of it and told him that and we are still friends but nothing more.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Earl didn't work out. After a month of steady dates, he just quit calling or messaging AND he stood me up, on a Saturday night.

In the meantime, I had been chatting with Bruce, on a "just friends" basis. After my association with Earl ended (I'm a one-man woman), we agreed to meet. This is the second Sunday, that we have met for breakfast and I hope that it won't be the last.

Bruce makes me laugh, likes my eyes and calls or messages me SEVERAL times a day. Icing on the cake: he is CUTE!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm sure I'll be having lots of similar stories. Why do they feel they have to just "disappear?" Not big enough to tell you goodbye or why they're leaving. I hate that!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That's great! I'm sure I'll be having lots of similar stories. Why do they feel they have to just "disappear?" Not big enough to tell you goodbye or why they're leaving. I hate that!!!
Just always remember-its their loss! I have this, I guess you could call it a "game" of sorts, but its not really, I call it ping-pong
When I first start seeing a guy, he'll call, I'll call him back, then like you said, the ball is his court. I call back ONCE and if does not call me back, then its on to the next "opponent" Sounds kinda hard-line, but thats my way of weeding out those that are not worth my time, if he does not make a simple phone call, then what else is he not going to do? My number one rule is no chasing, the first guy I dated after my divorce I chased, and chased and chased
and he would always give me the run around, but guess what happened when I stopped chasing? he began to pursue me, but sorry buddy too late!! it is so weird, but the less interested you seem, the more interested they seem????

Sorry to hear about Earl Katl8te, Bruce sounds very promising though!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh Cindy, Bruce sounds interesting! Good for you, and shame on Earl. We shall all pity him since he will be missing out on a wonderful woman!

Shannon, I am sorry you've gone through so many emotional ups and downs with "the friend", I think at some point or another, everyone has one of those. BUT, I loved hearing about your bold and brave kissing move, you rock! If nothing else, it was a fun growth experience!!!

Katie...I agree...No chasing! But then again, I would LOVE to meet a guy who actually makes me WANT to chase him!

And Nicky, I've decided, you are the antithesis of me, lol. Look at you you little dating maniac! You go girl, it sounds like you are out there having a great time. Guys in general just annoy me at the moment, lol, so I am warming the bench for a while!