The nursing home called

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
We are told she can barely communicate and we went over there but were sent home.
why were you sent home? Couldn't you have just sat there?

oh, about the stuff getting stolen, was it labeled? It probably was, but was is labeled with those hot iron labels??

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this MA

(((Hugs))) I will be praying for your mom, and your family as well...what a hard time..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They were busy with her and Mike didn't want to wait, we were told it would be sometime before they would be done, so we just left. It is only about 15 minutes from our house.

And yes, the stuff was labeled that belonged to her- not that it mattered in the long run..

Thanks for the support guys, I am touched by the fact that so many of us have had to deal, or are dealing with this problem. I do appreciate you taking time out to share about it, and those who are going through it now with relatives and loved ones, you have my heart.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This recently happened to my Friends Grandfather. He had terrible cancer and couldn't hear or see very well and he was put into a rest home because they couldn't be bothered with him in the hospital, he was dying and they knew it , it was so cruel to put him with elderley when he wanted either to be at good care at the hopsital or at home with his family

Sadly he passed 2 weeks ago. R.I.P

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think, personally, I would rather go at a retirement care home than at the hospital. You have absolutely NO dignity when you die at a hospital. At least at a home there are people who genuinly care about you and what you do during the day etc, etc.

So many of our residents come back from the hospital with bed sores and pneumonia (sp?) and stuff, cause they're not properly looked after there - there's not enough time.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Grandma's getting to that point, but she's still talking and she's a pain in the you-know-where to listen to because it's just complaints. My Mom is taking care of her and is ready to go nuts. We all worry about my Grandma, but she keeps on going on. They must've put Energizers in people back then.