The New Weightloss Thread

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

OK...I'm signed up at sparkpeople.com, too. My username is Tari+theBoys.
make sure you build your sparkpage and make it public so we can add you our buddy lists. And join us in the TCS challenge to lose 1-2 pounds a week!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK. My name is Kim and I need to lose at least 30 pounds. 50 would be better. (Now how did that happen?
)

My big problem is that I have a LOT of hip pain and exercising is very difficult and painful for me. But I'm getting SOOO out of shape.
I'll join the other group tonight. (I'm at work right now.)

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to be a lot of fun and so motivating! Kim have you tried water aerobics? My sister was doing it a while when she first got pregnant. She loved it. And if she can do it pregnant I bet you will be able to do it!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I should be taller for the weight that i am
Yeah, I should be about 11 feet tall! LOL! I will start out trying to lose15 pounds by December...I have gained enough that I no longer feel healthy, and I have to make some changes!

I crave sugars, and need to cut out candy! And replace it with healthy choices like more fruits and veggies. Easier said than done...but so many of you are successfully loosing weight that I am VERY encouraged!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by enkeli-kitten

Right. Thanks!! .... That is WIERD! How exactly does lbs stand for pounds...There isn't even any of those letters in the word pound!
lb is short for libra, which is the latin word for the ancient Roman version of the pound. The abreviation pd is already taken and stand for per diem.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

The South Beach Diet IS really great, not very hard to follow and unlike Atkins, very healthy (no double bacon cheeseburgers just wth out the bun
) I have absolutely no discipline, but on the two weeks I did mange to stay on it, I lost 10 lbs
I have the book, and would really like to give it a go again.... steak and broccoli forever!!!
The book is great. It makes a lot of sense and I love that it was written by a doctor. A cardiologist no less. The first two weeks is the hardest. But even that I didn't think was unmanageable. I lived on mozzarella cheese sticks, chicken a green veggies those first two weeks! Have you tried the South Beach frozen Pizza's? They are awesome.
I like the deluxe pizza. South Beach salad dressings are good too. Even the Ranch isn't bad. After the first couple of weeks I added one fruit and one whole grain a day and I try to keep it to that. Although sometimes I sneak in 2 whole grains a day.
All summer I kept Breyers frozen fruit bars and "Popsicle" brand Fudgesicles in my freezer. Both no added sugar, of course. I'd let myself have 1-2 a day. The frozen fruit bars are only 30 calories and the fudgesicles are similar.... maybe 40 calories. Anyway, it was better then eating a quart of ice cream!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm Courtney and I would LOVE to lose 40lbs. Seems like a lot but I need it to be satisfied. Trav and I have been dieting but he's been doing ALOT better than me. I stepped on a scale for the first time in a long time yesterday and CRIED
I'm signing up on sparkpeople and will let you know my name shortly.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Hi, I'm Courtney and I would LOVE to lose 40lbs. Seems like a lot but I need it to be satisfied. Trav and I have been dieting but he's been doing ALOT better than me. I stepped on a scale for the first time in a long time yesterday and CRIED
I'm signing up on sparkpeople and will let you know my name shortly.
Don't feel bad, guys always lose easier than us. I think cause we're genetically superior in the "carrying-extra-fat-so-we-can-get-pregnant-and further-the-race" category.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm Crystal and I've lost 25 pounds...and I'm looking to lose about 15 more. I'm on Spark People, I found it helpful but I haven't kept up with it since our move. Great information on there.

My fiancé and I are starting a new "diet" (it's not really a diet, it's a program you follow to take you back to ground zero of eating, and build from there) starting in two weeks from today (after we travel to visit family, there's no way we'll follow it there going out to eat with everyone), so I'll have to fill you in on how that works.

Right now, we try to eat healthy and we both workout on a regular basis. I've hit a plateau for a bit, though, so I'm hoping this new eating plan with shake my body up a bit and I'll start losing a bit more.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I am so impressed that some of you lost so much weight! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
This job that I have had since November has been so good for me. I have lost 20 pounds without really trying. I am not always busy, but I am not lying around on the couch snacking all day. I have started doing a mini workout while doing massage, stretching and lunging. It seems to do me some good, and my clients say my massage skills are improving.
I would like to lose 20 more, that would take me out of plus sizes. I really need to lose more than that, but I don't want to set an overwhelming goal.
I have stopped drinking anything but water, coffee, and those drink mixes you can mix right in the bottle of water. Some of those are so good, and they have only 5 calories. The Hawaiian Punch is wonderful. Some of the Crystal Light ones are pretty good, but I prefer the Wyler's.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I joined SparkPeople. Too busy last weekend - first a migraine, then Smudge came & I was busy with that & didn't compute much. Oh, I'm kluchetta there too!