The New Kitten is HOME!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, today was the day we brought the new kitten home - he's 8 1/2 weeks - just about 9 weeks old. We are going to be gone the next 2 weekends, and this was the only time I would have to be around so they would be properly introuduced and what not.

I was SO scared when I brought him in. We bought Harley a special wet pouch of his favorite food, fed him before we brough in the kitten and took the kitten into the bedroom. Well, Harley is much smarter than that, and kept scratching at the door - so, I brought the kitten out. Harley hissed once, batted him on the head, and proceeded to lick him all over and lay with him!!!

They haven't left eachothers side ONCE, Harley wants to lick and groom him like crazy, but of course the new little one just wants to explore.

He's gone in his litter box and hasn't eaten yet, but he was eating when we picked him up today, so I'm not too worried about that.

I'm going to post pictures in Fur Pictures in a minute of Harley and the new baby.

I'm SO excited that they are getting along and Harley is adjusting so well so far!!! I just had to share my excitement!!

Off to post pictures!

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratz!!

It's so awesome bringing home the new kitten. It's like bringing home a real baby. lol. Hope everything goes well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is awesome, but I was SO nervous!

They are running around the apartment now... Harley tried to fit into the baby litter box, he didn't even fit!
He proceeded to go back to his big one!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations!

Sounds like Harley is happy to have a new little brother! You must be so excited too. It's so much fun bringing a new little kitty home!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations
(off to look at the photos now)
Anne

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen the photos (yes, you forgot the cuteness alert!). He is adorable!

Here's hoping Harley is as great a big bro as our RB kitty Minx.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome!!! That is so funny, you were so worried about Harley, and it's like he's saying, "Mom! It's about time you got me a buddy! Yay!!"

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so wonderful Mackenzie!!, I saw the pictures...they are great, he's a real cutie!!. I love your new siggy btw!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw the thread in the health forum, came here to see if you posted a thread, & now I'm off to fur pics to look at pics! I love the siggy, too BTW. It's so sweet that Harley loves his little brother.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

They are getting along wonderfully, just as I had hoped for. Everytime the little guy meows or anything, Harley is right by his side to see whats going on. At least I know I won't loose him - Harley is big enough to see!

He was a bit scared (naturally) when we 1st got him here, but he's adjusting great, playing with Harley and cuddling up with me this afternoon.... sweet kitty love!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news, Mackenzie!

It only seems like last week that they were born - time really has flown!

I'm so pleased to hear that Harley loves his little bro'!
Off to check out your piccies now!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Im really pleased for you Mackenzie. 8 weeks has gone around really fast! I'll go to fur pics in a min for a look. I just wanted to say that Sleeves and Nismo were exactly the same, she was not allowed to do anything without Sleeves watching her.
They cuddled up loads etc but after about a day the fighting did start. I thought I had it easy with them cuddling, grooming etc but they do have to establish whos boss. Just keep an eye on them, as I know you are anyway. It can be a bit upsetting when they fight but know that it will pass and once they've got it out their system things will settle down.
Going to look at the pics now!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Im really pleased for you Mackenzie. 8 weeks has gone around really fast! I'll go to fur pics in a min for a look. I just wanted to say that Sleeves and Nismo were exactly the same, she was not allowed to do anything without Sleeves watching her.
They cuddled up loads etc but after about a day the fighting did start. I thought I had it easy with them cuddling, grooming etc but they do have to establish whos boss. Just keep an eye on them, as I know you are anyway. It can be a bit upsetting when they fight but know that it will pass and once they've got it out their system things will settle down.
Going to look at the pics now!!!
Last night, Harley was playing a bit rough and I had to seperate them for awhile, but Davidson doesn't seem to mind - Harley is overall pretty good with him.

Im SO excited - he slept all night last night, and not even with us! He didnt stay up crying or meowing at all. I heard him once when he was in the bedroom, but thats it!

He's such a good little boy, he's eating, going in the litter box, and everything - I did a little dance when he went potty
John thought I was crazy!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on the new addition! Harley sounds like he's thrilled to have some feline companionship. Now I have to go take a look at your new little sweetie.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Congratulations on the new addition! Harley sounds like he's thrilled to have some feline companionship. Now I have to go take a look at your new little sweetie.
He is quite thrilled, they have been playing all morning, Harley is getting a little rough, but we're working on that. So far, everyone is getting along perfectly.

He's such a sweetheart - he loves to lay on my lap while I'm on the computer (like he is right now....awww
) and he's a definate cuddler and meowmy's boy already

Harley's adjusting well, and I treat him the same as we did before - just a few extra treats and cuddles, just to make sure he knows he's still my #1 baby. He's not as interested in the cuddles as he is chasing Davidson around!

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think Harley would hurt the little guy. He's just teaching him to take care of himself, so he doesn't grow up to be a wuss. Mandatory training, don't ya know!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jdpesz

I don't think Harley would hurt the little guy. He's just teaching him to take care of himself, so he doesn't grow up to be a wuss. Mandatory training, don't ya know!
I definately dont think that Davidson is going to grow up to be a wuss - Harley will train him well!

Although deep down inside, Harley is such a momma's boy!