The new job starts on Monday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well guys, I can honestly say that I was one nervous nelly walking into that place. You see, I dont' have broad computer experience. I've worked clerical jobs for 20 years but none of them has ever had me really using a computer beyond Word!! So when I go to a new job, I'm overwhelmed. Just by all the new faces, names, etc. Then when they try to teach my their systems, my mind goes on overload! If I get patient people that understand and are patient, it all works out. Well, I've got day 2 under my belt, and although my brain is fried, I'm thinking the office manager is very nice and seems to be understanding. All the people actually seem nice, so that really helps! The last place was hideous! Thanks for all the good vibes!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Well guys, I can honestly say that I was one nervous nelly walking into that place. You see, I dont' have broad computer experience. I've worked clerical jobs for 20 years but none of them has ever had me really using a computer beyond Word!! So when I go to a new job, I'm overwhelmed. Just by all the new faces, names, etc. Then when they try to teach my their systems, my mind goes on overload! If I get patient people that understand and are patient, it all works out. Well, I've got day 2 under my belt, and although my brain is fried, I'm thinking the office manager is very nice and seems to be understanding. All the people actually seem nice, so that really helps! The last place was hideous! Thanks for all the good vibes!
I think you will do GREAT!
Hopefully you can calm down & your nerves wont get the best of you! for the rest of the week!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone feels that way their first few days/weeks/months
It's normal

I've been at my job for almost 6 months and I'm finally understanding whats going on.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Luck with your new job!!
Hope your new job turns out to be a good one!