The National Do-not-call registry

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The National Do Not Call Registry is a US government listing of phone numbers that telemarketers are forbidden to call. I'd forgotten about this; the registration only lasts for 5 years, and if you signed up the day it came out, like me, it will be expiring soon. The good news is, you can go ahead and re-register early and stay active on the list. Here is the registration page;

National Do Not Call Registry

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I signed up my number, my mom's and colin's this afternoon after seeing something similar about it on our local news.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I saw that too. Me and my BF were just talking about that. I thought I would be safe only having a cell phone, but I got a telemarketer call today on it.
UGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that's funny you mention that, as I signed up for the first time a few months ago. I had been incessantly called by 3 or 4 credit card companies and then one day I came home and no 1 800 numbers on my caller ID
the same the next day and the next. I thought Wow! they must have given up! Then I remembered I had registered on the Do Not Call list
moral of this story? it works!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the reminder. I was one of those who signed up at the beginning, so I didn't realize it was about to expire.

lilysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reminder! I didn't even realize that they expired. I just checked it out and I have until July!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wisconsin has its own do not call program that is much better than the federal program.