The Myron Chronicles

myronlexie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I have always wanted to write a daily or regular life and times public journal about my eldest cat, Myron. He is well-loved on Facebook but this seems like a more appropriate place to report his antics.

My husband adopted Myron for me for our first Valentine's Day together in 2009. He was already between 1 and 2 years old and he was given up because he didn't meet showing standards for a Siamese. I have always loved the Siamese breed and I could care less about showing standards so when I saw him, a beautiful Seal Point online for adoption as a rescue, I could not resist! I told my husband about him and a couple of days later my husband announced to me that we would be going to pick him up on Valentine's Day. At first Myron was a little bit shy in the car but as soon as we brought him home he hopped out of his carrier and was like "Yep this is my place." He found his food, he found his litter, he found his places to cozy up and hide and sleep, and he was home. It didn't take long for Myron to decide that I was his mama and favorite person. I was home with him a lot and I would sing to him and he would just sway with me back and forth while I walked in the kitchen cooking and doing the things I needed to do. It was almost like he was a little puppy. But of course he is a cat at heart. He would jump on my back with his claws in my clothes holding on to me so he could be part of what I was doing. His favorite thing to do was jump on and hold on to the butt of my jeans so he could be part of the cooking experience. Sometimes. He also loves to sit on my lap and snuggle and purr. He loves jeans!
Well I have had cats for the entire 44 years of my life since the day I was born but I have to say Myron is truly the love of my kitty life. He is warm sweet loyal as can be and just the friendliest nicest cat anyone could ever want. All of my friends love him and he is super friendly. It's a good thing because my other little girl Lexie is so shy she hides When anybody comes over. It's like Myron knows he has to make up for both of them. But none-the-less even if he weren't as warm and kind and loving I would love him anyway. Over the years my Myron and I have established a relationship of love and trust and he's part of every waking moment of my life pretty much. His favorite things are his cat tree, Lexi's cat tree, his scratchy chaise lounge, my husband's chair, under my husband's chair, wet food and the occasional bit of chicken. Myron is the light of my life! I don't know what I will do when I don't have him one day. But because of that I choose to love and cherish him every single day that he is alive. Do I spoil him? Yes I do. But that's okay because kitties deserve to be spoiled. It's not like I don't like dogs I do I love all Critters however there is something very special about a cat. Dogs are blindly loyal so I've heard. Cats only give you their trust if you have earned it. So pretty much when a cat loves you they really love you. so here is the everyday of my Myron.