The music of your life

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had the Queen record that had "We will rock you" on it....it had the picture on the front of that big robot looking thing, holding someone in it's 'hands'. Boy does that bring back memories!!!!!!!!!!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Everyone....
It's so funny to sit here and read post after post on this thread...everyone is so excited. I hope I wasn't the only one sitting here blank faced for a few minutes going "ummmm","ummmm"??? One of those kind of questions that'll through ya' for a loop. LOL I think this thread will be going for a long time! Thanks Deb. Great Topic!
God Bless You & Yours
Always,

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I'm gonna comment on a thread about favorite music. My niece says I should just sit back and read the comments and get to know people better and stop jumping in all the time with a comment or opinion and that is what I have been trying to do for the last week or so, but it's no D--N fun that way. Besides I'm dying to get bak to the story telling and that will begin later today, but right now about the music. I feel so old when I listen to some of today's favorites, but I do find a lot that I like. I like Rob Thomas and Jewel, but here are a few for you youngsters to check out and those in my age bracket to remember: Janis Ian, Carol King, Laura Nyro, Eric Anderson, The Moody Blues (Days of Future Past album is a classic featuring Knights in White Satin) I am aware, as Mr. Cat pointed out, that if everyone who says they went to Woodstock actually did there would have been like 2 million people there, but kids, I went. Hitchhiked from Columbia, MO. noless. We had no idea what we were going to we had just heard that there would be some good jammin' going and some primo smoke and one big love in so we said why not try to make it. In 1969 it was all about the music and the spirit and a common hate/missunderstanding of the war and trying to find something to believe in or a reason to believe in ourselves. I would not trade the Woodstock experience for love or money. We didn't realize what we were living thu, we just knew what went on around our tent or group and listened to those on the main stage and went away changed. We didn't know, or care, how much the whole thing would be analized for years down the road. I was 20years old hitching with three guys (one of whom you might recognize Arlo Guthrie and we never worried about the dangers of hitch hiking or that we only had the clothes on our backs and our guitars and maybe $30. between us, it just seemed like the thing to do. . . . . . . . .Talk to you all later, great to be back, Threeleggedkat Thanks for your prayers and best wishes concening my health. I am so glad I found this site. Anne, thank you for the insight to create this forum for us.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! You've really done it NOW...That is so cool, because I did mention that I was a musician, but I really didn't get into it because of personal reasons...but I will disclose this now...only because you gave me inspiration to tell this story...I've been in bands most of my life. My family's very musically gifted...I play guitar and sing and my last band "Chasing Kitten"..was playing in Orlando, we opened up for lot's of bands...lot's of really cool 80's bands...Like Loverboy, Heart, even Edgar Winter LOL and the like, but,....we just never made it due to personnel problems. Anyway, this guy (black guy) kept asking me to join his band...I was like "yeah right"...I have a great band here (he didn't know that we were having problems), why should I go with you, Mr. Nobody...well Mr. Nobody turned out to be Sly of Sly and the Family Stone...LOL...so, one night I when I went to play, the whole band was arguing and I kept out of it for the most part...mainly because I was the lead singer and sang about 99% of the songs...so you can understand why I didn't want to raise my voice...(very self-centered then too)...so, I saw Sly...and asked him if he still needed a rhythm guitarist, singer...he said "Girl, you're more black than I am! LOL (I liked to sing funk/rock) Mother's Finest, Earth, Wind, & Fire...stuff that was crossover...and if it wasn't we made it that way...that's why we were different...
Anyway...I went with Sly and we played all over Miami for a while...but, that was short lived due to a certain problem that I won't mention here. Unfortunately, my equipment happened to get stolen ...sooooooo, that was the end of my music career! I had had enough with musicians, the traveling, and I missed my cats too! It took me about 10 years to pick up a guitar again. In the meanwhile, I never quit loving music, I just began developing another art form...and that was being a Christian. It takes alot of practice...I'll never reach perfection at it, but I'll always be honest as I can, and loving as I can...I truly think God did me a major favor.
Thanks,
God Bless All

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've read all the comments about music and am very impressed by the variety of favorites. I love QUEEN. I had a big crush on Freddy Mercury. He was hot. But, he proved my point that all the good ones are either:

married
GAY
priests
pushing baby carriages
have pampers in their shopping carts
dead
crazy
have child restraining seats in their cars
or...
are career criminals

Now, getting back to music. The best song Billy Joel ever wrote and my personal favorite is "Goodbye Vietnam". I've been looking for the CD for months and can't find it anywhere. I usually don't buy a CD for just one song but I would for that!

I'm a Peter, Paul and Mary, Cat Stevens, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, AC/DC kind of person. My daughter thinks I'm weird, but she loves me!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my favorite songs of all time is "The Fool on the Hill" by The Beatles (from their Magical Mystery Tour album). I finally found a WAV file of that tune on the inter-net and have installed it on my web site. If you've not heard it, or wish to hear it again, go to URL http://home.att.net/~mister-cat/wsb/index.html and click on the link beneath "Highlights."

I'm no expert in this computer-system stuff, so I'm anxious to know whether or not that link will actually work for people who visit my site. It works for me, but I don't trust those things unless I receive confirmation from others. (The site's far from completion, but there are a few things "up" already.)

Anyway, "The Fool on the Hill" first came to my attention in 1968. I was far away from home, in the midst of a war; and the lyrics made perfect sense to me. (Not to mention the music was lovely as well.) I quickly adopted it as my personal theme-song, without securing the necessary permissions from The Beatles themselves! Well, I hadn't heard the song in years; and then THERE IT WAS.

You might ask, "If you like it so much, why didn't you just go out and buy a copy of Magical Mystery Tour?" Beats me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. Cat:

Because of old adage: If it's free, it's for me!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I left out someone from my last post...Sarah Mclachlan! she is amazing. I'm going to see her perform tonight at a benefit concert here in LA with Melissa Etheridge & Paula Cole. I have no idea what the benefit is for. I have seen her 2 other times & she is incredible. also one of the most down to earth, humble people you will ever meet.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH MY GOSH, AIRPRINCESS!!!!! I am so Jealous!!!!! I LOVE Melissa Etheridge, Paula Cole AND Sara McLaughlen!!!!!!
Lucky YOU!!!!
Can I sneak in with you? LOL
I have even sang a couple McLaughlen songs for weddings! And my favorite Paula Cole song is off the "City of angels" soundtrack...."Feelin' Love" if that doesn't put you in the mood, nothin' will! LOL And anything by melissa Etheridge is great! Have fun at the concert!!!!!!!!!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you were here I would take you in a second! I'm so tired but I don't want to miss Sarah for anything! what songs of hers do you sing? I'm really looking forward to tonight. She stopped touring to take some time off for herself so she's been off the road for like 2 years.