the movie thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we rented Abandon last night, and i must say, it was entertaining.

but it wasn't a thought-provoking film.

i was layed up in bed on muscle relaxants and my heating pad and it was perfect for my mood, which was, i don't want to think about anything, just entertain me & make me forget i can't move!

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it just came out, it stars Katie Holmes and Benjamin Bratt.

it's a suspense/mystery type movie.

Benjamin Bratt plays a dectetive who's trying to find a missing kid (Katie's ex-boyfriend, Embry) who's been 'missing' for two years, and the tale just unfolds from there.

i still have it, wanna drop by and borrow it ?!

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Mrs. & I rented and watched The Ring last night.

Crap! What an eerie movie! I'm still not sure I completely "get it", but its rather disturbing with little to no gore but a few good jumps in it. It left the opportunity for a sequel not so subtly, but since it was based on the Japanese movie Ringu and there's already a sequel for that...

I just hope after that, the rest of it makes some sort of sense...

"seven days..."

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Saw The Time Machine today...I was surprisingly pleased with it. The movie didn't get the greatest reviews, and won't win any Oscars, but the story (until the last 10 or 15 minutes) was engrossing. There were some small little scenery/soundtrack details that were really cool. Guy Pearce did very good in his role as the time traveler. So, if your looking for a good sci-fi/adventure story to watch on a Saturday afternoon, I would recommend this one.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bill - my friends and I rented 'The Ring' Friday night as well. I think I was a bit disappointed in it. Everyong kept telling me how scary and disturbing it was... and I really didn't find it scary at all. It WAS confusing though... I have a lot of questions that I don't know the answers to... and their little option on the DVD to go deeper into the ring didn't clear up any of them.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by okeefecl
Guy Pearce did very good in his role as the time traveler.
and he certainly isn't hard on the eyes, either

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been catching up on movies lately, on video. I watched The Road to Perdition last night, liked it. Tom Hanks is such a great actor, who'd have thought that after his start on Bosom Buddies! Paul Newman and Jude Law were great, too.

Recently saw The Recruit. Al Pacino is amazing, but the movie was kind of predictable.

Welcome to Collinwood--very offbeat humor, but I liked it. I don't like typical, stupid humor (like Jim Carrey). This one was not like that, so I enjoyed it.

Going to see The Hulk later today. Dan has been dying to see it ever since he first heard they were making a movie. That was a few years ago.

One of my problems with movies is they tend to follow the same formulas. I can usually guess what's going to happen, there really aren't many truly great films anymore. Most of them are mediocre at best, but I still love to watch.

Looking forward to The Pirates of the Caribbean (Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom
) and Seabiscuit.