The move... my reaction.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lots of "VIM" with bleach is my advice. All these shinanigans is what drove me to buy a place. Now I'm not dealing with all the landlord's cheapness, as they totally take advantage. So much better, and owning and having a mortgage doesn't really cost a lot more. Something to think about.

purefusion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! That really must have been exhausting! When we just moved out of our apartment, I spent a whole weekend getting out the last few boxes and cleaning llike a mad woman. I even wiped down the baseboards with those cleaning wipes. Then I vacuumed a pattern into the carpet to loook like steam cleaning. The manager said she wished more tenants would clean their apts and we'll get our whole deposit back despite the hole in the bathroom wall. My husband screwed in the towel holder and didn't tell me. I ripped it out, opps! At least I filled the hole with spackle...

On the other hand, the house we just bought was in foreclosure and the people must have moved in the middle of the night. The carpet was sooooo stained it was disgusting! We had it cleaned before we moved in. It took me five or six hours of scrubbing to clean just the kitchen cabinets. And the bathtub was literally black with gunk. The ironic thing was the former people left a huge box of cleaning supplies! Obviously never been used!

Hail to the Magic Eraser!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by purefusion

Wow! That really must have been exhausting! When we just moved out of our apartment, I spent a whole weekend getting out the last few boxes and cleaning llike a mad woman. I even wiped down the baseboards with those cleaning wipes. Then I vacuumed a pattern into the carpet to loook like steam cleaning. The manager said she wished more tenants would clean their apts and we'll get our whole deposit back despite the hole in the bathroom wall. My husband screwed in the towel holder and didn't tell me. I ripped it out, opps! At least I filled the hole with spackle...

On the other hand, the house we just bought was in foreclosure and the people must have moved in the middle of the night. The carpet was sooooo stained it was disgusting! We had it cleaned before we moved in. It took me five or six hours of scrubbing to clean just the kitchen cabinets. And the bathtub was literally black with gunk. The ironic thing was the former people left a huge box of cleaning supplies! Obviously never been used!

Hail to the Magic Eraser!
I belong to the church of the Mr Clean Magic Eraser. In fact, I am it's founder. They are the best things in the world and have totally changed my life.