The Moaning Thread

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Shem, I hope it isn't too bad for you! Take deep breaths and remember that when you come back you can talk about it and we'll all sympathize. *hugs*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shem

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, that 'thing' I had to do went fine
Thank you Kaleetha and Susan for your thoughts and support (and Sarah for your texts
). I just wish I could stop myself getting in such a flap to begin with

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shem

Well, that 'thing' I had to do went fine
Thank you Kaleetha and Susan for your thoughts and support (and Sarah for your texts
). I just wish I could stop myself getting in such a flap to begin with
We're always here for you hunny!!
That's what friends are for!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 days ago I was in a car accident. Some guy went booting through a red light. I smashed into him, and he smashed into another car. So this butthead takes all three of our cars out and makes me lose 1/2 day of work. And now our insurance is giving us a hard time 'cos our car was so old (92) that it's not worth much so they just want to write it off. So now we get nothing and have to go buy a new car which we can't afford and have all this hassle, and it wasn't even my fault.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

2 days ago I was in a car accident. Some guy went booting through a red light. I smashed into him, and he smashed into another car. So this butthead takes all three of our cars out and makes me lose 1/2 day of work. And now our insurance is giving us a hard time 'cos our car was so old (92) that it's not worth much so they just want to write it off. So now we get nothing and have to go buy a new car which we can't afford and have all this hassle, and it wasn't even my fault.
I work in a Collision Center - and I see this all the time

Unfortunately you really can't do anything, especially if your car is an older one and they dont want to put the money into fixing it - what kind is it? Only because if they start doing repairs, and there is more stuff wrong with it, they will have to put MORE and MORE money into it, more than your vehicle is worth.

I am so so so sorry this happened to you, I know it sucks!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to everyone moaning...

I was going to moan earlier today but in the meantime my mother called and said a dear friend of hers is dying of pancreatic cancer. On top of that, my mom is going to have neck surgery in a few days to repair some degenerated disks and remove some arthritis in there. So, I decided that the trivial thing I was going to moan about, is no longer valid. I'm healthy, I have a nice home and lots of fuzzy kids, I have a job, and all around, I have a pretty good life, and things could definitely be a LOT worse. I hope I have shown some of you the shiny side of the penny today, where I usually see only tarnish.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

to everyone moaning...

I was going to moan earlier today but in the meantime my mother called and said a dear friend of hers is dying of pancreatic cancer. On top of that, my mom is going to have neck surgery in a few days to repair some degenerated disks and remove some arthritis in there. So, I decided that the trivial thing I was going to moan about, is no longer valid. I'm healthy, I have a nice home and lots of fuzzy kids, I have a job, and all around, I have a pretty good life, and things could definitely be a LOT worse. I hope I have shown some of you the shiny side of the penny today, where I usually see only tarnish.
Oh my...you know, whenever I'm having a bad day, I know there is always someone out there suffering more than I am - espeically when I'm complaining about my BAD job - when so many don't have jobs - sometimes I just sit back and enjoy the bad things - cuz so many others have it 10x's worse-

to your Mothers dear friend and to your mothers surgury - I hope all goes well

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you...it's not a huge procedure but sort of invasive to her neck and stuff, and I started crying when she told me. I don't like the thought of her in pain...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Thank you...it's not a huge procedure but sort of invasive to her neck and stuff, and I started crying when she told me. I don't like the thought of her in pain...
I'd cry too!

They will both me in my prayers

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very sorry to hear about your mom and her friend. Hope your mom's surgery goes well.

I know there are people out there who have it a lot worse than me but I would feel better if I just vented a bit!

We are so busy at work!!!!! We have a dr schedule so the drs know which tech is working with them each day. We usually have 2 techs working up front with the drs and another that stays in the back and does bloodwork, sets up for sx, etc.

We are short staffed right so there are only 3 of us techs. One tech is on the schedule 16 times, the other 17 and I am on the schedule 37 times!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't that seem a little insane?? I am so tired and stressed out.

My second rant is that we are unable to find a house. We were supposed to rent a house back in December. We gave the person who owned it all our information and they were supposed to call us back with a final decision on Christmas Eve. NEVER HEARD FROM THEM EVER AGAIN!! We were all set to move and had to sign another lease in this place for another year. We are looking to buy a house but it's almost impossible for us to afford.

*end of rant* That felt good. That being said I am happy and thankful to be alive and (somewhat) healthy.

Sorry this was so long and thanks for listening!!!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been putting in a lot of overtime at work. We have been short two people (one on vacation and the other got the ax for plain immaturity like showing up to work late everyday and even having her boyfriend call in sick for her). There will be one more week of it next week, then the one on vacation will be back and hopefully someone new will be starting.

On top of it, I have a miserable cold and sore throat. I also still haven't heard from a place I interviewed at that I was supposed to hear from this past week. I REALLY wanted that job!!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is more of a moan for my roommate: I just found out the poor honey got broken up with last night. I've been camping since Thursday night and am not quite back to the apartment yet, but you can bet I'm well prepared to provide chick flicks, ice cream, and a brigade of other women to sit around and complain about men with her. Most of all, I'm ready with the shoulder I KNOW she's needing right now. Anyone have any positive vibes to send to her? You all were so helpful when I was going thruogh my rough time in September.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sucks. Bring lots of ice cream. Ooh chocolate always helps too!