The Missing Question Of The Day For Wednesday, April 26, 2016

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have to offer my abject apologies. SOMEHOW I deleted the alarm that alerts me to post the dratted question, and I totally forgot what day it was! I have RESET the alarm, so this shouldn't happen again. ADD is a wonderful thing...not.

SO...if anyone wants to chime in, a day late, I was just wondering if you have a favorite genre of book? I know we have a books and reading thread, but it doesn't really address that directly.

I have fallen quite in love with Cozy Mysteries. Especially those that are written around cats, and there are any number of series that are! Cozy Mysteries are those wonderful, often funny, mysteries that you just want to curl into...none of the angst of some of the darker mysteries.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lately I'm more into non-fiction.
The last fiction I read, I think, was Girl on a Train. It was exceptionally good and atypical of what I'd normally would pick up to read.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have some area of interest in your non-fiction reading? Enquiring minds want to know (and BOY does that age me!). Never know where I might run across a new subject to become fascinated with!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have some area of interest in your non-fiction reading? Enquiring minds want to know (and BOY does that age me!). Never know where I might run across a new subject to become fascinated with!
Well cats first lol. I like reading about their behavior and rescue efforts in particular.
I have a big interest in food/cooking and enjoy the books several well known chefs have written about the industry. Love Anthony Bourdain's books especially. That and about food sourcing, humane practices, and so on. I like reading about other famous people in various industries. Just finished Chip and Joanna Gaines collaborative biography which was so much more interesting than I anticipated. Books based on psychology of all kinds - I had studied abnormal psych in college and still find how the brain works fascinating.

I really have wide interests. Right now I'm re-reading, 3 decades later, The Handmaid's Tale. Hulu is doing a mini series on it and I wanted to refresh my memory. As it turns out the series (which started last night) is SO true to the book that I really don't need to read it again but now I'm sucked in :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to offer my abject apologies. SOMEHOW I deleted the alarm that alerts me to post the dratted question, and I totally forgot what day it was! I have RESET the alarm, so this shouldn't happen again. ADD is a wonderful thing...not.

SO...if anyone wants to chime in, a day late, I was just wondering if you have a favorite genre of book? I know we have a books and reading thread, but it doesn't really address that directly.

I have fallen quite in love with Cozy Mysteries. Especially those that are written around cats, and there are any number of series that are! Cozy Mysteries are those wonderful, often funny, mysteries that you just want to curl into...none of the angst of some of the darker mysteries.
I've always been a fan of mysteries. Especially those centered around cats. I have not read any in years because I have a problem with my eyes. I used to love laying in bed with a good book.

Muffy

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not read much recently, but definitely non-fiction. I would choose true crime, political or historical of this century. True cat stories would always be considered too. :):wave3:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i really like and enjoy reading most genres. lately, i've been reading more historical fiction. i wouldn't say that i have a favorite genre. i enjoy a lot of variety in what i read.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love mysteries, too. It's a puzzle I like to figure out. The best one I've read lately was The Dry, set in Australia, soon to be in a theater near you with Reese Witherspoon. I like the cozy mysteries also, but they can be a bit cloying from sometimes.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like autobiographies. I also like trashy romance novels. Yes. I have moved into the shallow end of the pool. Don't judge. We have lots of sunblock, comfy floaties, cocktails, snacks and hot cabana boys down here. :wave3:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I like autobiographies. I also like trashy romance novels. Yes. I have moved into the shallow end of the pool. Don't judge. We have lots of sunblock, comfy floaties, cocktails, snacks and hot cabana boys down here. :wave3:
Save some room; I'm on my way. There's nothing wrong with the shallow end. I'll bring the tequila (people, we need a margarita icon here!).

Sci-fi has always been my first literary love. I like some paranormal stuff. But I also like cozy mysteries, although I also agree that they can get to be too much at times. And I'll never turn down a trashy romance novel. Nor will I ever turn down a good ghost story, preferably one that will keep me up at night, staring at the closet, waiting for the door to open.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Romance and mystery mostly. I've been mixing in more non-fiction because my husband has started reading more and that's what he reads. It's mostly about local events and people. :)

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm re-reading, 3 decades later, The Handmaid's Tale. Hulu is doing a mini series on it and I wanted to refresh my memory. As it turns out the series (which started last night) is SO true to the book that I really don't need to read it again but now I'm sucked in :lol:
I need to check out Hulu later today to see what they charge. I really want to watch The Handmaid's Tale.

More than anything else, I love autobiographies. If Mick Jagger or Jimmy Plant wrote their autobiography I would buy it in an instant. Next fave are biographies.