The 'Mighty Hunter' and his dish towels

linni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our indoor year old cat loves to drag the dish towels from the kitchen to our bedroom. The other day we came home and he had dragged three dish towels which had been hanging in our kitchen! Two were on our bed and one on the floor. My dh says - 'the mighty hunter is at it again.'

I guess they are like 'prey' to him!

lin

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat just cannot resist things that "dangle"! Too funny. I cannot leave dirty clothing anywhere in my room - gotta go right into the closed hamper b/c my cats rub, roll, and knead on and drag around anything with my smell on it.

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last weekend I defrosted the freezer and put some old tea towels on the floor to soak up any water. When I went to check on it Ripley had 'helped' by moving the towels away so there was a huge pool of water on the floor.
When she was a kitten she used to steal socks off the clothes dryer, we used to see her trotting past with them in her mouth looking very pleased with her 'catch'.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hearing this about cats. Mazy is my relocater. She has done this since first coming here to her forever home. She drags things from all over the house, but most especially from downstairs, and puts them under my desk.

I've found gloves, hats, towels, twice my raincoat, a screw driver (a big one) vacuum cleaner attachments, not to mention things I haven't seen in years and had forgotten about.

Yesterday when I got home I found a curtain under my desk. It's the curtain that goes on the door window downstairs, but I'm not sure where she found it. The curtain fell off weeks ago and I've been meaning to put it back up bur had forgotten where I put it. Mazy didn't forget, LOL!

the funniest thing about Mazy is, she does this ONLY when I am not home. One time I was home with bronchitis for a long time and nothing got relocated. One day I went out for only an hour and when I came back there were six new things under my desk.

She must have worked really hard to get all that stuff moved, and it must have been driving her crazy that I never went out, so she couldn't do it!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL! Yeah, Zoey was upstairs "hunting" my daughters towels that are hanging from the banaster.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

linni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our 'Cappy' usually does his 'hunting' at night. We wake up in the morning and there are dishtowels or pot holders or oven mitts at the foot of the bed or on the floor. He sleeps with us and I typically don't wake when he sneaks out to the kitchen to hunt for these things. Too cute!

katkuddler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our cats don't drag towels, but they do bring their latest "kill" of lizards into the bed. Some of them are dead.

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ripley is my little hunter. I often wake up to find she has left me a gift next to my bed during the night. It's usually one of her toys but sometimes it's a random household item. On Monday I woke up to find she'd left an electrical lead that she'd salvaged out of a box of junk in the spare room. It had a plug attached so it must have been an effort to drag it into my bedroom.
Both cats have a habit of putting small toys in my shoes. I've got to work before & found that one of them has put a cat toy in my bag too.