The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally...finally! (Because last year I was in Italy, two years ago I forgot and three years ago I discovered it right after it happened) I made it to Pierogi Fest!

The bf and I stood in line a half hour for these:
20180728_130907.jpg
20180728_132700.jpg

So yummy. There was a reason it was the longest line. I also got a white chocolate covered frozen banana and we watched the Slovak dancers (I have Slovak heritage in my mix, so that was cool for me).

And after days of frustration trying to get Lelia used to training level 2 on her microchip feeder, she finally got it and slid really easily to level 3. Huzzah!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh those look good!! Lari Lari I'd stand in line for those too! :yummy: I bring pierogi home when I go visit my family because I can't get anything like that here. I'm not sure how I feel about sweet ones though. I don't like the sweet cheese ones. Chocolate covered bananas were my favorite as a kid. I never really liked ice cream that much. The man at the ice cream shop knew my order when he saw me come in. ;)

I stopped at a farm stand today that I've never gone to before. It's been there for ages I just don't ever seem to pass it at the right time. I came home with a couple gorgeous tomatoes for our BLTs tonight (and tomato sandwiches this week) and 6 nice cucumbers. I spent $5. Go local! :cheerleader: The guy there was nice too. I have tomatoes and cukes growing in my garden; but all the big tomatoes keep splitting no matter what and the cukes are just starting to flower and produce again. He said it's the weather and that's what I figured too. (Meanwhile I almost have cherry tomatoes coming out of my ears! :p ) We eat so many of those I'm happy to buy the extra I need. I'll be back there because he had lots of nice looking things out! :clap:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ummmm! You guys made me hungry with all the talk of great foods. How about Virginia country cured ham and corn soufflé? As for the lovely scents, I really love the smell of a Georgia Peach, the salt marsh air near the Islands, a coming storm, fresh cut watermelon, citrus slices, cloves, my favorite recipe of yeast bread as it rises in the oven and of course, a baby fresh from a bath!
My positive for today is that two cats and a kitten got adopted and a feral I have been working to socialize let me carry him around today! I just love his kitty face!
3E54EAF5-09FC-400C-BAFD-7128ED930ADB.jpeg

I got all 22 litter boxes scrubbed, the whole building cloroxed, laundry done, garden weeded, played with the ferals and pursued a Mom cat and her kittens. A hard day but made me feel great! I even made time to call my Dad!
The ditch bank out by the road is covered in Wild Morning Glories
894653AE-8CA2-479F-B950-885378DBD4BB.jpeg
and my Zinnias are blooming too! It was a great day!
93AA3A4B-131A-4DE2-9BC8-EB077F201FCF.jpeg

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm enjoying looking at the pictures and learning about Norse Gods and Goddesses @Alice catlady I have a cat called Freya, she's a feisty little thing.

That's wonderful! I've been wondering how she was getting on. So glad to hear the cats are all getting spayed.

:clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap:

My positive for the day is that it's ever so slightly cooler, so I only feel like I'm melting, not actually melting.

I've been working on a new Kitty Kennel. It's taking me a while, because I'm really busy at work and it's too hot to stay outside for long. I think it's going to have a flat roof, for lounging on, and straw inside for naps.

View attachment 244710 View attachment 244711
Chicken trying it out for size and her sister Twinkle underneath.
View attachment 244712

Maybe I can get it finished by next weekend.
Congratulations Norachan Norachan on making post #6,000!:cheerleader: :wavey::cheerleader:

Also, I've edited the first post in the thread to reflect the fact that winners can now choose between a mug and a TCS tee-shirt :salam:!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Educadoralisa Educadoralisa we love you. Jcatbird Jcatbird you're pretty rockin' awesome :)
Super major peasoup fog is acting like a wool blanket of sorts and means it is VERY quiet, and a Hummingbird allowed me to put up the clean feeder while continuing to sit on its branch. The only reason I knew it was there was its cute little peeps :)

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations Norachan Norachan !!

Well it's been a bit and there have been so posts lately not following the rules, so it is time for a reminder -

1. Positive posts only. Tell us something nice about your day or about the world in general. Forget neutral - spread the joy! If you feel like ranting or venting about something that's, well, not as positive, start a separate thread for that please. If you get confused and post something we don't think is positive, it could end up deleted or moved to its own thread.

You can add neutral content to a positive post (for example, if you have a question about this fundraiser or if you want to respond to a previous post in a neutral way) but please avoid negativity so we don't have to edit it out.

2. Minimum of 15 words per post. Just posting "good morning!" won't qualify for the purpose of this thread and will be deleted. Keep your posts long enough and meaningful. The only exception is sharing a page from TCS on social media - in which case a link to the share is enough.

3. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

4. Comprehensible posts. Your posts need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread by nature, but we still expect you to communicate with your fellow members.

5.Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for each post in this thread.

6. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

In positive news, it is finally less humid here today!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love The Cat Site. Members are so loving and help each other. You have made my day when one of my cats got ill and everyone was so supportive.
Thanks for being here
Educadoralisa Educadoralisa - You have a beautiful Family, and it's wonderful that you're contributing to the Pawsitive Thread!

Norachan Norachan - Congratulations on Post Six Thousand!

Furballsmom Furballsmom - Your hummingbirds are much more refined and patient than are mine!

I thought the day here started with a big negative. While coffee was brewing, I opened one of the cupboards, and it was just jammed with cans of cat food. Picking up one can, "good Lord," I thought, "what the heck will I do with all this cat food?" Then suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, eleven cats appeared as if by magic. Problem solved!

Here's wishing everyone a Smashing Sunday.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- you are truly blessed! As for the Eleven, *it's a tough job, but SOMEONE has to do it!*
Educadoralisa Educadoralisa -- what a sweet little furmily!
AbbysMom AbbysMom -- awww, shucks. So there goes my plan to let "catlike typing" take over my post. :geekcat:
Glad for days that are a TINY bit (2-3 degrees F) cooler and nights, ditto. I have a tortoiseshell purring machine beside me, and we're having another of our running conversations that make me feel very PAWSitive. :dancingblackcat:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Too nice a day to not go to the cottage. I took Taz and Zoe out for their supervised visit to the outdoor. Afterwards Karen and I snuck off to the cottage. Shhh don’t tell my cats.

The flea market on the way to the cottage still had the Italian Kitty. Not anymore:)

6965F50F-F9EE-4EF1-A0E9-05266D48DE8C.jpeg

I hope everyone has a Spectacular Sunday:)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- you are truly blessed! As for the Eleven, *it's a tough job, but SOMEONE has to do it!*
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - There's never been any question about being truly Blessed here. As to The Eleven being a "tough job" they're really no trouble at all. I wouldn't trade a single one of them for all the gold in Christendom.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - There's never been any question about being truly Blessed here. As to The Eleven being a "tough job" they're really no trouble at all. I wouldn't trade a single one of them for all the gold in Christendom.
I was saying that THEY have a tough job, eating all that cat food! :cutecat::kneading:It can't be easy, having all those choices. We know how that is, around here, where the utility closet and two sideboards are an armory of feline cuisine.
IMG_0376.JPG

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Your hummingbirds are much more refined and patient than are mine!
LOL, nah, I think just piggier :popcorn: :biggrin:

Here are a couple of photographs; The flower is one of my favorites, a California Poppy (I think). I love the way the colors gradually shade/blend into each other although this particular one seems to have a slightly more distinct 'here's yellow-here's orange'.

The hummingbird and squirrel combo is something I REALLY didn't think I'd ever see (I swear, NOT photoshopped). The positive being two species ignoring each other instead of one robbing from the other :gift:

This seriously supports my thinking that they're simply gluttonish foodies :flail: --as to which one I meant, I'll let you-all come to your own conclusions :lol2: the squirrel, the hummy or B.O.B.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - I actually love the sweet cheese. It was probably my favorite of the eight I had (i chose potato, meat, potato & cheddar, potato & sweet cheese, sweet cheese, blueberry, strawberry and plum.

The kitties are taking a nice afternoon nap and I think I'll join them. Sleep is always positive to me! :sleepycat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom wonderful pix! We get that combo a lot around here. And yes, that's a California Poppy -- they come in that color, too, as well as the red-orange solid color type. They are magnificent out in the Mojave after a good rainy season and snowmelt!
And yes, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- Bob is kinda the "Shark" of cats. He vacuums up everything in sight, foodwise. :cutecat:

Status
Not open for further replies.