The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@neely Carlton does look regal on his new cat tree! He seems to enjoy it. My cats haven't touched their new one (save for when I was assembling it, of course. Then they loved it.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine that is other-worldly!
What a beautiful scene.

I love that she lets me sleep in on weekends. Better go reward her with some food.
No such sleeping-in luck for me this Saturday morning. Mog and Lucy started playing under cover games, so I woke up to the sweetest attacks on my legs. I was so touched - not knowing if they were still trying to attack each other, or if they knew it was my leg - because they were having fun, but no hard bites and no claws at all. It was a pretty nice way to wake up this morning. Mini kitten paw massage! :kneading:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I once lived in a place where a neighbor generously shared the magic of his Night-blooming Cactus by putting it in a wagon on its big night and taking it on a tour of the neighborhood. One night the doorbell rang and I opened the door to be greeted by an exquisite and enormous white flower, seemingly aglow in the dark. And the fragrance, oh my gosh. There are no words. To breathe it in was to breathe in all the sweet mystery of summer nights.
There now, see? if it weren't for this great thread I wouldn't have had the chance to be reminded that there really are terrific neighbors out there.
Of course, all of you all are - great neighbors, that is ;) but not quite like this cuz you're too far away even if you're right here on my computer screen :thumbsup: - WOW. The neighbor AND the flower are a couple of the most wonderful things I've heard of!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
A couple of years ago, one of our members sent me some cuttings from the magnificent Cereus cactus that lives on her balcony. (I'll leave it up to her to identify herself). Those cuttings are now a beautiful plant themselves and, like their distant photosynthesizing cousins outside, are celebrating spring by shooting out exuberant new growth. One of these days, they will produce gorgeous rose-colored flowers.
View attachment 221052

The Cereus gracing my window is related to the Night-blooming Cereus (AKA Night-blooming Cactus), famous for producing fragrant white blooms that open in the evening and close forever the next morning. I once lived in a place where a neighbor generously shared the magic of his Night-blooming Cactus by putting it in a wagon on its big night and taking it on a tour of the neighborhood. One night the doorbell rang and I opened the door to be greeted by an exquisite and enormous white flower, seemingly aglow in the dark. And the fragrance, oh my gosh. There are no words. To breathe it in was to breathe in all the sweet mystery of summer nights.

I could go on and write an Ode to the genus Cereus but you get the idea. These guys are glorious.

Changing the subject: what a joy to have the purraise button back. I was going into withdrawal not being able to show my admiration of the posts in this thread! I kept automatically sending the mouse to the button and experiencing Purraise Interruptus - I tell ya, it was giving me the shakes!

This is what it will look like, please show how big the plant is now, I pruned mine severely as it got to be too big, many blossoms last year, will see how it will turn out after the pruning.

Hey, what happened? The pic was crossed out!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- That photo is beeeautiful! We got snow last night but it was just a light dusting.

View out front of work this morning.

Ottawa_Mar_3_2018.JPG

I have my cell phone broadcasting music over the intercom system throughout the office building:) Nobody here to annoy as the younger guys do not share my taste in music. It sounds a lot better over several speakers opposed to my little cell phone speaker. So easy to get work done on the weekend when the phone isn't ringing every couple of minutes. I hope everyone is having a Great Caturday:)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - aww. That sounds adorable too. For me, it was almost 9:30! Considering she normally gets fed at around 7 after my coffee and right before I leave for school. She must have the patience of a saint!

Then again, she seems to trust that I'll feed her until I actually have the can in my hand. Then it's the constant meowing and headbutting like I'm going to forget that she wants what's in my hands. :cutecat:

I love the different "purr-sonalities" our kitties all have.

AndreaXan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Popping in to say that I just donated a large bag of quality cat food + a large container to the The Cat Care Society in Denver for the almost 700 posts made in this thread during February :cheerleader:
View attachment 220878

The total came to just over $80. They didn't have a Paypal donation option but fortunately they did have an Amazon wishlist so that's what I used.

Thank you everyone for posting in this thread!

This is the third charity we donated to so far in 2018. If you have suggestions for other cat charities, please let me know via PM. They need to be a dedicated cat-only shelter or rescue organization with -
  • A no-kill policy
  • Official 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Organization status
Yup, as Norachan Norachan said, we're going to make a donation every month. The amount will be based on 10 cents for every post made during that month. I hope we can shoot for $100 a month, but that really depends on thread participation. So make sure you keep posting and remember, if you can't think of anything positive to say, sharing our social media messages also counts! So you can share one of our Facebook messages and then post about that in the thread!
Thecatsite.com

Like this recent post -

And one more positive thing - purraise is back! It was never meant to disappear, just a glitch with installing a new add-on that I'm testing. You can read more about what happeneds here -
How To P(ur)raise / To Like
Hooray for Anne and hooray for the cat site for taking care of all of these kittys!!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeling happy the PURRaise button is back. Because I love to PURRaise.
margd margd , I wish we could see your photo. It's very exciting to read about what we call the "Queen of the Desert" and to see your Cereus. They have a perfume made of this scent -- I hope to be able to get some one day.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine *Awww, shucks* I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to think that one up, but glad for the enjoyment it gives. I do love to play with words -- I guess I inherited it from my dad.
@mani and Norachan Norachan -- such gorgeous photos!
I have a tortoiseshell bathing on her cat blanket on my lap. Kind of awkward typing around her, but she's just so adorable *and warm*. A rainy morning. The plants are loving that.
And yes, segelkatt segelkatt -- of course, as a true lover of the Mojave, I have to share that rain. Do you get quicksand where you live? We sure did, as we were on sand. It was a challenge walking up to the barn and back in my gumboots, trying not to get sucked into the netherworld after a good rain or melting snow.
IMG_0313.JPG

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This is what it will look like, please show how big the plant is now, I pruned mine severely as it got to be too big, many blossoms last year, will see how it will turn out after the pruning.

Hey, what happened? The pic was crossed out!
That's a good question! I've seen that happen to photos before but am not sure why. :dunno:

Here's the plant today (on the right) and in July of 2016 (on the left) Don't be concerned by its grayish color on the right - that's just different lighting. It's the same lush green as when it was a kid. It would probably be larger except that last year I was not the best caretaker, being preoccupied with family issues much of the time. This year it's getting nurtured as it deserves!

IMG_2962.jpg Chula with 3-3-18 Cereus.jpg

Thank you again, segelkatt segelkatt :rock:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - What an amazing Cat Entertainment Theatre Chicken Enclosure, and what a glorious place! Maybe mama africa mama africa will share some photos of Missy entertaining her chickens, and vice versa.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - Nice shot! We have just a trifle more than that right now, but what a beautiful day here, with full sun and nary a cloud all day. The woods was under a snowy blanket at noon, and now, four hours later, it's just about back to its old snow-free self.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - What an amazing Cat Entertainment Theatre Chicken Enclosure, and what a glorious place! Maybe mama africa mama africa will share some photos of Missy entertaining her chickens, and vice versa.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - Nice shot! We have just a trifle more than that right now, but what a beautiful day here, with full sun and nary a cloud all day. The woods was under a snowy blanket at noon, and now, four hours later, it's just about back to its old snow-free self.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine TYSM. See that wavy line in front of the compound? That's actually a pretty deep furrow made by snowmelt. We'd get those all over the place. The roads are unpaved, so when they'd wash out, not even a 4X4 could navigate them and we'd have to do a community hire of a grader. I loved it -- no street lights, no heavy traffic, no people noise (usually)! A very PAWSitive place to live.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to share some pictures of entertainer Missy. As a kitten, she spend most of her outdoor time in the chicken run, carefully observing the chickens and -whe she got tired of observing- relaxing with them. I don't have pictures of Missy and my feathered girls together in the chicken run, but I have these ...

120.JPG 121.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I loved it -- no street lights, no heavy traffic, no people noise (usually)! A very PAWSitive place to live.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I understand completely. After a Lifetime of living in cities, I've now been here fourteen years, and nothing could drag me away. I hope that one day you'll return to the Mojave. Life sometimes comes full circle upon us.

I'd love to share some pictures of entertainer Missy. As a kitten, she spend most of her outdoor time in the chicken run, carefully observing the chickens and -when she got tired of observing- relaxing with them. I don't have pictures of Missy and my feathered girls together in the chicken run, but I have these ...

View attachment 221125 View attachment 221126
A paw-sitive post is that the sun was trying to peak out this afternoon and also, I saw the swans on the pond on the way home, gliding on the water, while a family of ducks roamed the shore.:)
mama africa mama africa - These are wonderful shots of The Pointed One and her Feathered Friends; thanks for sharing them with TCS!

A paw-sitive post is that the sun was trying to peak out this afternoon and also, I saw the swans on the pond on the way home, gliding on the water, while a family of ducks roamed the shore.:)
How nice that you had another chance to see the Swans! I'm hoping to see our native population shortly, since the river is all open water once more (our local Conservation Officer surmises that this population winters over at the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge just down the road a piece, since there's open water there even in the depth of Winter).

Shane Kent Shane Kent - Not much of a sunset here tonight, but at least the river lent a little reflexion for us. Soon, but never soon enough.

sunsetmarch03.jpg

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa Missy looks like she's having a beautiful time!

Like one of those Northern sunsets these gentlemen keep throwing our way! So stunning.

In PAWsitive news: another cuddly, rainy day here. I think my magnolia tree might make a comeback, after all the new blooms froze and looked gunky during that cold snap. Here is a little new baby bloom. Hope of what's to come when Spring finally kicks in!
IMG_9324.JPG

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite time of the day is even better when I can read all the wonderful posts here and see the stunning photos! Thank you for your great postings, friends.
A very paw-sitive thing for me when Springtime comes is that where I work in the evenings is a most wonderful outdoor mall that has beautiful trees and plantings. Even more so special to me is that the mall is on a hill and going forward, we will have the most beautiful sunsets visible from the store I work in. Tonight, as I looked North I could see the hills of nearby Worcester dotted with red and white lights and this always makes me happy. Somehow, it just seems more peaceful being higher up. I love to walk in the good weather here because it is so pretty and peaceful.:) :daisy:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch brought me a milk ring in the bathroom tonight.:clapcat:

When she was a kitten she would race me to the bathroom so I could flick them into the bathtub for her to catch and chase.:dizzycat: She loved playing fetch but its been a while since we have! It just melted my heart when I heard the ring hit the floor and there she was with her little merw. :lovecat:She doesn't jump much anymore. I didn't realize how much I missed our games! We played for a couple minutes but mostly she wanted scritches!

I also found her bandana when I was cleaning today so she's sporting that. Unfortunately she wasnt up for a photo shoot. :winkcat: And then she and Noodles got whappy. So she moved to the couch and gave my bathrobe a good kneading.

IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3014.JPG
IMG_3016.JPG

IMG_30000.JPG

The last 2 are out of order here. I looked up from where we had been laying on the floor to see her up there all happily purring and kneading. She uses my bathrobe more than I do!

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's so sweet of Mooch to bring you a milk ring. That red bandana really suits her too.

It's almost 5 pm here and I've just finished work. The last hour was spent helping a student prepare notes for a medical conference in London, so my brain feels like it's been put through a blender right now.

:dizzycat:

Time to feed these kitties and do a bit of restorative yoga.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , Mooch is such a pretty cat. My Speedy loves the milk caps and I love when she also will drop them in front of me. Thanks for the beautiful photos of this pretty cat! I love them!
I always have my favorite coffee to brew in the morning to ease me into waking up and it is just about ready. If I must have anything in the house, it is always cat food, coffee and milk, which reminds after work today I will happily pick up plenty of Speedy's favorite cans. :)
Have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.