The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been snowing all day in Ottawa and now we have a thick blanket of snow on the ground. It is supposed to snow all night so it will be an evening of watching movies and cuddling with cats on the couch.

I am not sure about Upper New York state but in Eastern Ontario the wildlife has bounced back a lot over the past twenty years. I never saw a wild turkeys when I was a kid and now I see them at work, at the cottage, in farm fields, etc. I am a big fan of Mother Nature and all that she does :)

Wild Turkey on the lawn at work Jan 2012.
WildTurkeyAtWork.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been snowing all day in Ottawa and now we have a thick blanket of snow on the ground. It is supposed to snow all night so it will be an evening of watching movies and cuddling with cats on the couch.

I am not sure about Upper New York state but in Eastern Ontario the wildlife has bounced back a lot over the past twenty years. I never saw a wild turkeys when I was a kid and now I see them at work, at the cottage, in farm fields, etc. I am a big fan of Mother Nature and all that she does :)

Wild Turkey on the lawn at work Jan 2012.
View attachment 209776
Awww, Shane Kent Shane Kent , me too on the nature! Gorgeous pic. So glad to hear about the wildlife returning/rebounding! Miss all the wild creatures in the Mojave. We have our share here in Glendale, including oppossums, raccoons, skunks, different birds, rats, mice, lizards, and the loathsome coyotes, but up there, we had so many more species. I especially loved the cottontail and jack rabbits, Pine-gopher snakes, red racer snakes, quail, horned lizards, collared lizards, alligator lizards, orioles, Coopers hawks,and golden eagles.
IMG_0745.JPG

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
There's no snow here but it is cold - oh well. Mouse will have to wait a while to chase snow flakes at his windows. :sigh::runningcat:

We have had a lovely day chilling out on my bed though, me writing Christmas cards plus a few birthday cards. Mouse was very good for a change: he stayed curled up and cozy at the other end of the bed while I made a mess everywhere and wondered why he wasn't walking all over stuff and chewing all the cards and envelopes. :catman: Maybe he was exhausted because he put so much effort in to snuggling in with me before I got started on my 'chore'.
:catlove:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey, I have just finished translating a contract for a friend of a friend and it didn't take as long as I thought! I am not expecting money from this, as It was done as a favour, but my friend kind of mentioned that I might recieve something so I am super excited! It might be some green or purple ink for my fountain pens!!! Or, way more likely, a good beer ;)

Here you can see Raistlin helping me during the translation process

IMG_20171212_190654.jpg

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Shane-I often see turkeys furaging when I am on my lunchtime bike ride near the river-they are all over the place. Back home is a big flock that we see almost daily near my honey's land-they travel quite a bit=often see them in the big field as I go down a major road to the highway- I always enjoyed watching turkeys. One year I saw a Tom spread his feathers and it was a sight to see. I pulled over and watched from a distance..this was in another town closer to work than my own area.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow what an awesome thread!! I love that just by me posting in this thread, it will help cats all over!!!
This is my little girl kitten, (She doesnt have a name yet! Lol) She has the sweetest face ever!!!
Welcome to TCS S swilson56 and adorable, adorable baby girl! Yes, isn't it just the best? You're sure to enjoy it here at TCS and we look forward to hearing about your baby and seeing pix of her!

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A good reminder for anyone who isn't having such a great holiday season. Maybe you're going through a tragedy, an illness, or just depressed: Nothing is permanent, not even your emotions. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. The best thing about sadness is that it isn't forever, and it makes us appreciate happiness even more when we make it there. Hang on tight, you'll get through this, just as you've made it through all that's come before.

swilson56

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS S swilson56 and adorable, adorable baby girl! Yes, isn't it just the best? You're sure to enjoy it here at TCS and we look forward to hearing about your baby and seeing pix of her!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I made an account here when I got my first set of siblings (Unsub & Penelope) & they're almost 2yrs old now. But thank you very much for your kind words! This site has helped me so much since then, I'm very thankful!
I have two sets of siblings. Unsub & Penelope.. & Then I found the other set of siblings, Little Boy & Little Girl, outside when they were no more than 24hrs old. I was so scared they weren't going to make it through the night cuz of how seriously tiny they were & I didn't know how long they had been outsise alone w/out their mom (When I found them they were crying & cuddled up to her lifeless body:(). I took about a month & a half off work & devoted my time to getting them healthy & happy. & I'm so glad that I did cuz now they're as healthy as can be, & just the happiest kittens I've ever seen! & I can't believe it but they're already almost 6 months old!! Time sure does fly. At first, I was over-whelmed by the thought of having 4 cats. But now, I couldn't ever imagine not having all of them! I'm so grateful for all 4 of my babies & also for my husband for putting up with it & loving them all as much as I do!!!:lol: I'll post some pictures of each of them! :tabbycat::lovecat:

Last edited:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally finished my Christmas shopping this morning. Woo hoo!

Then as soon as I finish restocking the freezer with enough homemade biscuits, cornbread, and roux to comfortably see us through the holiday season and into the new year, I can get started on the really important stuff -- COOKIES!!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I finally finished my Christmas shopping this morning. Woo hoo!

Then as soon as I finish restocking the freezer with enough homemade biscuits, cornbread, and roux to comfortably see us through the holiday season and into the new year, I can get started on the really important stuff -- COOKIES!!!
I still haven’t even started my Christmas shopping! I have to get on that. The house is all decorated, though, the lights are up and the Christmas village is out. No tree yet, I prefer waiting until later so that the tree still has that nice fresh smell on Christmas.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
20170831_205823_1513045253087_1513113770300.jpg
I think I may regret this but a friend is moving and right now needs a temporary place to house their dog SNOOPY....I offered to doggysit for a few months ONLY!!! I am such a sucker but in my heart everyone needs a 2nd chance and her children have been crying for a week, not wanting to part with their beloved dog. I told her when she offered to pay me to PAY IT FORWARD and make someone elses family/children have a great CHRISTMAS! PRAY FOR ME AND MOUSE/MAX

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I made an account here when I got my first set of siblings (Unsub & Penelope) & they're almost 2yrs old now. But thank you very much for your kind words! This site has helped me so much since then, I'm very thankful!
I have two sets of siblings. Unsub & Penelope.. & Then I found the other set of siblings, Little Boy & Little Girl, outside when they were no more than 24hrs old. I was so scared they weren't going to make it through the night cuz of how seriously tiny they were & I didn't know how long they had been outsise alone w/out their mom (When I found them they were crying & cuddled up to her lifeless body:(). I took about a month & a half off work & devoted my time to getting them healthy & happy. & I'm so glad that I did cuz now they're as healthy as can be, & just the happiest kittens I've ever seen! & I can't believe it but they're already almost 6 months old!! Time sure does fly. At first, I was over-whelmed by the thought of having 4 cats. But now, I couldn't ever imagine not having all of them! I'm so grateful for all 4 of my babies & also for my husband for putting up with it & loving them all as much as I do!!!:lol: I'll post some pictures of each of them! :tabbycat::lovecat:
Awww. What a story. When I was growing up my family adopted a tiny longhaired black Siamese boy who was sitting beside his mom in the middle of street. She had lost a contest with a car. :bawling: Thank you for adopting your fabulous four! To me, that's a nice LITTLE furmily :D
To add to the "Mega Pawsitive" aspect of this thread, the most wonderful Microsoft saw fit to give me a seasonal present in the form of a massive bunch of updates today. O lucky me! Some other good stuff has happened today, too. And looking forward to curling up with as many of the Three as will consent to join me for Night 3 of BIG CAT WEEK on NatGeoWILD!:yess::dancingblackcat::kneading::cutecat:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww. What a story. When I was growing up my family adopted a tiny longhaired black Siamese boy who was sitting beside his mom in the middle of street. She had lost a contest with a car. :bawling: Thank you for adopting your fabulous four! To me, that's a nice LITTLE furmily :D
To add to the "Mega Pawsitive" aspect of this thread, the most wonderful Microsoft saw fit to give me a seasonal present in the form of a massive bunch of updates today. O lucky me! Some other good stuff has happened today, too. And looking forward to curling up with as many of the Three as will consent to join me for Night 3 of BIG CAT WEEK on NatGeoWILD!:yess::dancingblackcat::kneading::cutecat:
I got those same stupid updates. Wondering what the heck my laptop was doing I was using it at work. It should prompt you when it is going to Max your disk access. Lucky for me I also have a desktop Windows 7 at work.

The Pawsitive is Kitty and Rusty both blessed my Windows 7 PC but the fur has since been cleaned out:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got those same stupid updates. Wondering what the heck my laptop was doing I was using it at work. It should prompt you when it is going to Max your disk access. Lucky for me I also have a desktop Windows 7 at work.

The Pawsitive is Kitty and Rusty both blessed my Windows 7 PC but the fur has since been cleaned out:)
Personally, I love WIN10. You can always add more memory. Crucial Memory's site has a tool you can use to tell you exactly how much memory you have, how much you can add, and where to add it. And there are tutorials on YouTube about how to do this. I did it to one of my older systems. It's not difficult. But I know, a lot of people don't like how pushy Microsoft is in WIN10. I guess I'm used to it.
And as we all know, *a little fur makes the system purr!* *or something* :geekcat:
IMG_2292.JPG

*The Boys' Club, in happier days* -- Samuda, Sammi, and Calo

Status
Not open for further replies.